Sports Betting Tips
When it comes to sportsbetting there are several different types of bets a player can make. Two such bets are known as “parlay bets” and “futures”. Let’s take a look at the basic concept behind each of these two types of bets, weigh the pluses and the minus and then decide which is the best choice when planning to make an NFL wager at a leading sportsbook. Remember, an informed gambler is always in a better position to make the right play and chances are it will increase your odds of winning online.
Most bets have payouts comparable to their, as Mike Tyson would say, "ludicrosity." For instance, if you put five bucks on a twenty team parlay to win a gajillion dollars, you obviously know your odds of winning are slim. Making smart bets is more about your own self control rather than the actual lines trying to bamboozle you.
Picking sportsbooks is a lot like window shopping in Amsterdam. It's an
important choice and you need to purchase something that fits your - special needs. Here are some things to consider as you embark on your quest for the easy buck.
The worst nightmare of any internet gambler is the possibility that their
sportsbook is a sham. It's hard enough to beat the house as it is, the last
thing you need is the sportsbook pocketing your winnings. Thus when
picking a sportsbook, remember the lessons of sex education. If you're
going to do it anyway, make sure you take the necessary precautions.
One of the major sales tactics in the online gambling business is the
bonus, where a site gives out a portion of free money in hopes of enticing more customers to use their sportsbook. However, before you start doing naked cartwheels and praising the
benefits of free market competition, you may want to take a few precautionary measures before investing in a sportsbook.
Sportsbooks are a lot like stocks. You have your blue chips, your penny
stocks, your overseas markets and the perfect slogan, "Greed is good." The only thing missing is Michael Douglas' slicked back eighties hair and the snooty business parties. And the Manhattan apartments. And the chicks. Okay, maybe they aren't so similar, but work with me here, I'm going somewhere with this.
Horse racing betting is a time-honored gambling tradition - but with the birth of the internet,
traditional ways of horse racing wagering have been thrown out the betting window. Here's
how horse racing has hit the web big time - and how you can place your bets without ever setting
foot at the track!
- NBA Playoff Betting Update
- NHL Quarterfinals
- Chelsea takes on Benfica in 2013 Europa League Final
- NBA Playoffs Second Round
- WBC Welterweight Title
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Preview
- NHL Western Conference Playoff Preview
- English FA Cup Final
- UFC 159 Jones versus Sonnen Betting Preview
- European Champions League semifinals kick off on April 23
- Rory or Tiger - Who will win most Majors?
- MLB Betting Feature: Spring Training Update
- NBA Betting Stat Check: Bulls Surging to Top of Team Betting Trends
- How Do Bookmakers Work?
- What Is Arbitrage Betting?
- NFL Week 11 Matchup: Houston Texans vs. New York Jets
- Betting Roundup - MLB/NBA/NHL
- Messi will struggle - Alves
- Word Cup - South Korea captain Park Ji-sung has set his sights on upsetting Argentina
- Maradona calls for fair play