NFL Odds: It’s the Bengals vs Steelers in 2016 Week 2 AFC North Showdown
The Cincinnati Bengals and the Pittsburgh Steelers truly hate each other. In their last meeting, the Steelers edged the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2015 playoffs and the rivalry took on a new level when Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict literally knocked out WR Antonio Brown with a vicious hit to the head. Well, the AFC North rivals meet in Week 2 of the 2016 NFL season and both are looking for an early leg up in the division race.
The Bengals (1-0) edged the New York Jets 23-22 their road opener. Even though QB Andy Dalton was sacked seven times, he still passed for 366 yards and a score, which went to WR AJ Green. Green had 12 catches for 180 yards and torched the Jets’ Darrelle Revis all day long.
It’s a short week for the Steelers (1-0), who routed Washington 38-16 on the road on Monday Night Football. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns – two to Antonio Brown, who had eight receptions for 126 yards. DeAngelo Williams also ran for 143 yards and two touchdowns for the Steelers.
The Steelers have won four of their last five against the Bengals, holding them to an average of 18.0 points per game in that span.
The Steelers have won four of their last five against the Bengals, holding them to an average of 18.0 points per game in that span. The Steelers have also won 15 of their last 24 at home vs Cincinnati.
The Bengals have covered the spread in 12 of their last 17 road games.
Here’s a closer look at the odds, betting trends and pre-game summary for the Bengals vs Steelers:
Bengals vs Steelers: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists the Steelers as 3 point home favorites – the over/under is set at 48.5.
Bengals vs Steelers Betting Trends:
- Season record: 1-0 SU,0-0-1 ATS
- The Bengals are 12-3-3 ATS in their last 18 games
- The Bengals are 2-2-2 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Bengals are 13-5 SU in their last 18 games
- Season record: 1-0 SU,1-0 ATS
- The Steelers are 2-1-3 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Steelers are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
Next up for both teams:
- Cincinnati home to Denver Sunday, September 25
- Pittsburgh at Philadelphia Sunday, September 25
Here’s more great betting information for the Bengals vs Steelers from Bovada:
Check out all of the upcoming NFL Matchups and Betting information from Bovada below!
For NFL and NCAA Football Bettors outside the United States we recommend these top-rated online sportsbooks: