There’s a west London derby in the fourth round of the English FA Cup this Saturday, January 28th when Premier League leaders Chelsea will host second-tier Championship League side Bretford at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea is coming off of a 2-0 home win over Hull City in league action last weekend while Brentford were 2-1 losers away to Wigan.
Chelsea vs Brentford – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game at 2/11 with Brentford 14/1 and a draw at 6/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Brentford – Head to Head:
- The clubs last meeting was in an FA Cup replay in February of 2013 with Chelsea winning 4-0 at home. They also met a month earlier and played to a 2-2 draw in Brentford. The teams have met a total of 13 times in the past with Chelsea winning seven losing four and drawing the other two. Brentford’s last win was 3-1 away back in February of 1939 in the old Division One.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea has won three in a row in all competitions after their Premier League record-tying 13-game winning streak recently ended with a 2-0 away loss to Tottenham Hotspur. The Blues are still in the driver’s seat in the Premier League with 55 points from 18 wins, a draw and three losses with 47 goals scored and league-low 15 allowed. Chelsea has 10 wins and a loss at home this season in league play with six clean sheets. Chelsea beat Peterborough United 4-1 at home in the last round of the FA Cup. Chelsea has appeared in 11 FA Cup Finals with seven victories to their name. Their last win was in 2012 when they edged Liverpool 2-1.
Chelsea’s lead over second-place Arsenal is now eight points while they’re nine ahead of third-place Tottenham and 10 in front of fourth-place Liverpool. The loss to Spurs was the club’s first in all competitions since West Ham United downed them 2-1 away in the League Cup on October 26th. Their three league defeats have been to top-four teams Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham. Manager Antonio Conte has a relatively healthy squad as the only questionable player for the game appears to be striker Diego Costa.
Brentford – A Closer Look:
Brentford enters the match win 15th place in the 24-team Championship League with just 33 points out of a possible 81 after 27 contests. They have nine wins, six draws and 12 losses with 34 goals scored and 35 against. They’re 25 points behind league-leading Newcastle United and 12 points behind sixth-place Sheffield Wednesday and the last playoff position.
Brentford thumped Eastleigh 5-1 in the third round of the FA Cup. They’re hoping to reach the fifth round of the tournament for the first time since the 2005/06 campaign. Brentford got off to a good start this season with five victories in their first five outings, but have tailed off since then. They’ve also lost eight of their 14 league away games this year.
Chelsea vs Brentford – Takeaway:
Brentford gave Chelsea a scare four years ago by holding them to a 2-2 home draw in the FA Cup so the Blues can’t afford to take them lightly. And let’s not forget Bradford City ousted Chelsea from the competition at Stamford Bridge last season. A Brentford win is possible on Saturday, but not very likely.
By Ian Palmer