There’s another crucial London derby on tap in the English Premier League this week as Crystal Palace hosts title-chasing Tottenham Hotspur at Selhurst Park on Wednesday, April 26th. Tottenham is coming off of a 4-2 loss to London neighbors Chelsea at Wembley in the FA Cup semifinals on Saturday while Crystal Palace upset Liverpool away from home at Anfield on Sunday.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as the favorites to win the game at 4/6 with Crystal Palace 17/4 and a draw at 16/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at White Hart Lane in league action on August 20th with Tottenham winning 1-0. They met each other in FA Cup in February of 2016 Palace winning 1-0 away. They also met twice in the Premier League last season with Spurs winning 3-1 at Selhurst Park and 1-0 at home at White Hart Lane. The clubs have met just 49 times in the past with Tottenham winning 25, losing 11 and drawing the other 13. Palace has just three wins in the last 12 meetings with seven losses and two draws.
Crystal Palace – A Closer Look:
Manager Sam Allardyce is trying to continue his magic act this season as he’s never had a team relegated from the Premier League. He took over from Alan Pardew midway through the current season and it looks like Palace will do enough to survive for at least another year. They enter the week in 12th place in the 20-team league with 38 points out of a possible 99 after 33 games. They’re seven points ahead of 18th-place Swansea City and the relegation zone with a game in hand.
Palace has 11 wins on the season along with five draws and 17 losses with 46 goals for and 53 against. They haven’t been too good at home though with a record of five wins, two draws and nine losses while scoring just 20 goals and allowing 22 against. Palace has been playing well lately however with a mark of six wins, a draw and three losses in their past 10 league matches while scoring 14 goals and conceding 12.
Allardyce goes into the game with some injury concerns as defender Scott Dann is likely out for the rest of the season along with striker Connor Wickham and fellow defender Pape Souare. On the bright side, it looks like striker Loic Remy and defender James Tomkins could both be ready to return to the squad in time for Wednesday’s big game.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham is currently the hottest team in the Premier League with seven straight wins and although they lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup on the weekend it didn’t affect the league standings. Second-place Spurs still have hopes of catching the league leaders as they’re just four points behind Chelsea with each team having six games and 18 points to play for. Tottenham beat Bournemouth 4-0 at home in their last league outing and now have 71 points on the season.
Tottenham has 21 wins, eight draws and three defeats with 68 goals for and a league-low 22 against. They have eight wins, a draw and a loss in their 10 league games with 23 goals scored and just six conceded, including their seven wins in a row. Spurs now have a five-point lead on third-place Liverpool with two games in hand and sit seven points in front of fourth-place Manchester City. Fifth-place Manchester United is now eight points behind them.
At home, Spurs have the best record in the league as they’re unbeaten this season. They have 15 wins and two draws at White Hart Lane with 43 goals scored and only eight allowed. On the injury front, manage Mauricio Pochettino will be without backup goalkeeper Michel Vorm, but is hoping defender Danny Rose will be back in the squad. In addition, midfielder Harry Winks and forward Erik Lamela are out for the season.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur – Takeaway:
- Tottenham has no choice but to take all three points if they have any shot at catching Chelsea.