Top-four English Premier League hopefuls Arsenal will be aiming for all three points this Saturday, March 18th when they visit the Hawthorns to take on mid-table West Bromwich Albion. The Gunners are coming off of a 5-0 win over non-league team Lincoln City in the quarterfinals of the English FA Cup last weekend. Meanwhile, while West Brom was beaten 3-0 by a hot Everton side away in Liverpool in league action.
West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Arsenal as the favorites to win the game at 13/20 with West Brom 4/1 and a draw at 3/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met in league action on Boxing Day with Arsenal winning 1-0 in London. They also met twice in league action last season with West Brom winning 2-1 at home and Arsenal winning their home match 2-0. It’s has been West Brom’s only victory in the last 13 meetings to go along with two draws and 10 defeats. Overall, these two sides have met 137 times in the past with Arsenal winning 70, losing 37 and drawing the other 30. West Brom has just two wins in the last 19 games and four in the last 40 meetings.
West Bromwich Albion – A Closer Look:
West Brom enters the weekend in eighth place in the 20-team Premier League with 40 points out of a possible 84. They have 11 wins, seven draws and 10 losses with 36 goals for and 37 against. At home, they have eight wins, two draws and four defeats with 24 goals scored and 17 conceded. They have five victories, two draws and three losses in their past 10 league matches with 13 goals for and 15 against.
West Brom is in poor form though as they’ve lost two games in a row and haven’t scored a goal in either game. They’re currently nine points behind sixth-place Manchester United so they have a lot of work to do if they hope to earn a berth in next season’s Europa League. Manager Tony Pulis has a relatively healthy squad to choose from as midfielder Matt Phillips is the only player on the injured list and he should be back soon.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal enters the match in fifth place on the Premier League table, but haven’t won the league title since 2004. They have 50 points from 15 victories, five draws and six defeats with 55 goals for and 31 against. They’re 16 points behind first-place Chelsea and five behind fourth-place Liverpool. However, they have one game in hand on Chelsea and two in hand on Liverpool. The Gunners are also just one point in front of sixth-place Manchester United and three in front of seventh-place Everton with two games in hand.
In fact, Arsenal has at least one game in hand on all four teams that are in front of them. They have five victories, a draw and four defeats in their past 10 league matches with 18 goals scored and 14 allowed. Away from home, they have six wins, three draws and four losses with 29 goals scored and 18 conceded. Manager Arsene Wenger may be without midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain while midfielder Mohamed Elneny will miss the match and midfielder Santi Cazorla is out for the rest of the season.
West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal – Takeaway
Arsenal is desperate for points if they hope to finish in the top four while West Brom really doesn’t have much to motivate them at this point of the season.