English Premier League champions Leicester City will be returning home to the King Power Stadium this Tuesday, March 14h to face Spanish La Liga club Sevilla in the second leg of their round-of-16 European Champions League clash. Sevilla has a leg up after winning their home game 2-1 at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez on February 22nd.
Leicester City vs Sevilla – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Sevilla as the favorites to win the game at 21/20 with Leicester 5/2 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Leicester City vs Sevilla – Head to Head:
- This is just the second competitive game between the two clubs. Sevilla won the first meeting 2-1 in the Champions League on February 22nd.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester won two straight games by scores of 3-1 after sacking former manager Claudio Ranieri. However, they’re still in danger of being relegated from the Premier League this season. They could become though the first Premier League team to win the championship one season and be relegated the next campaign. Leicester topped Group G in the first stage of the Champions League competition with four wins, a draw and a defeat with seven goals for and six against.
However, they surrendered five of those goals during a 5-0 defeat to Porto. This is the first time Leicester has played in a European tournament beyond Christmas. Leicester won all three of their home games in the group stage this season. Leicester has competed in four two-legged ties in Europe in the past and has managed to win just one of them. This was a 7-2 aggregate win against Glenavon FC in the first round of the 1961/62 European Cup Winners’ Cup.
Leicester eliminated from European competition by Spanish clubs in two of their three previous outings, Atletico Madrid knocked them out of the 1961/62 European Cup Winners’ Cup as well as the 1997/98 UEFA Cup. Leicester has seven wins at home in Premier League action this season along with three draws and four defeats with 22 goals for and 18 against.
Sevilla – A Closer Look:
Sevilla is still battling with Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid for the La Liga title this season, but their chances are probably slim since Madrid has a game in hand. Sevilla finished as runners up in Group H in the first stage of this year’s Champions League competition behind Juventus with three victories, a pair of draws and a defeat. They scored seven goals and allowed four against. Sevilla went unbeaten away from home in the group stage with a win and two draws and didn’t allow a goal against.
They’ve also lost just one of their last seven European away contests. Sevilla is aiming to reach the quarterfinals for the first time since 1957/58 when the Champions League was still known as the European Cup. They were thumped 10-2 on aggregate by eventual champions Real Madrid back then. This is the third time Sevilla has made the round of 16, but they lost on their previous two occasions against Fenerbahce in 2007/08 and CSKA Moscow in 2009/10.
The Spanish team has played an English opponent just once before in a two-legged knockout series and they managed to beat Tottenham Hotspur 4-3 on aggregate in the UEFA Cup quarterfinals of 2006/07.
They also beat Liverpool 3-1 last season’s Europa League Final and beat Middlesbrough 4-0 in the 20005/06 UEFA Cup Final. Sevilla is winless on four trips to England with two draws and two defeats. They’ve won 17 of 18 European series after winning the first game at home. Sevilla has seven wins, four draws and three losses away from home in domestic league play this season.
Leicester City vs Sevilla – Takeaway
This game will go to 30 minutes of extra time if Leicester wins it 2-1. If it’s still level it will then be decided by a penalty shootout. Sevilla is 5-1 in European shootouts while Leicester has never taken place in one. Sevilla will advance with a win or draw or any one-goal loss in which they score two or more goals. Leicester will advance with a 1-0 win or any win by two or more goals.