French Ligue 1 leaders AS Monaco will be returning home to Stade Louis II to take on English Premier League title chasers Manchester City in the second leg of their European Champions League round-of-16 clash this Wednesday, March 15th. Man City pulled off a thrilling 5-3 win in their home leg at the Etihad Stadium on February 21st. They enter the game following a 2-0 away win over fellow Premier League side Middlesbrough in the quarterfinals of the English FA Cup on Saturday. Meanwhile, Monaco beat Bordeaux 2-1 at home in a French league match the same day.
AS Monaco vs Manchester City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man City as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 29/20 with Monaco 8/5 and a draw at 14/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
AS Monaco vs Manchester City – Head to Head:
- This is the first time the two clubs will be meeting in a competitive series. Man City won the first leg 5-3 at home after trailing 2-1 at halftime and 3-2 in the second half. In addition, Monaco’s Radamel Falcao missed a penalty when the score was 2-1. Falcao did manage to score twice though.
AS Monaco – A Closer Look:
Monaco enters the contest with four wins and a loss in their past five encounters in all competitions. They won their group in the first round of the Champions League with three wins, two draws and a loss while scoring nine goals and conceding seven. Monaco is still hanging onto first place in France’s Ligue 1 with a three-point gap over Paris Saint Germain and a five-point lead over Nice. Monaco has 21 wins on the season in domestic play along with five draws and three losses. They’ve scored a league-high 84 times and allowed 26 goals against.
Monaco is hoping to reach the Champions League quarterfinals for the second time in the past three years. They reached the 2015/15 final four after beating English Premier League side Arsenal on the controversial away-goals rule in the round of 16. Monaco has beaten English opposition twice already this season as they downed Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 in London and in Monaco in the group stage. They’ve also won four out of their previous five two-legged ties against English clubs.
These include victories over Manchester United in 1997/98, Chelsea in 2003/04 and Arsenal in 2014/15.
Overall, Monaco has eight wins, four draws and five defeats against English teams with 24 goals for and 24 against. Monaco has four wins and a draw at home in European competition this season. They have four wins, two draws and two defeats at home against English opposition. Jemerson will be back in the lineup after missing the first leg with a suspension. However, Kamil Glik will sit the game out with a suspension.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Manchester City enters the game with four wins and a draw in their past five games in all competitions and is unbeaten in their last 11. They also have six straight clean sheets away from home. City is in a second place tie with Tottenham Hotspur in the English Premier League, 10 points behind league-leading Chelsea. Man City has 56 points from 17 victories, five draws and five losses with 53 goals for and 29 against.
They’re one point ahead of fourth-place Liverpool with a game in hand and are six up on fifth-place Arsenal with the Gunners having two games in hand on City. Man City has reached the Champions League quarterfinals just once before, which was last season. They drew 2-2 against Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) in France and won their home leg 1-0. City is now unbeaten in their past 10 European contests with seven wins and three draws. City has played French opposition just one other time when they drew 0-0 with PSG at home in the group stage of the 2008/09 UEFA Cup.
The English squad has never won the Champions League, but took home the 1969/70 UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup. Man City finished as runners up to Barcelona in this year’s Champions League group stage with two wins, three draws and a loss while scoring 12 times and conceding 10. However, they were winless on the road with a pair of draws and a loss. Manager Pep Guardiola has won all seven of his previous round-of-16 series in the Champions League as a manger with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
AS Monaco vs Manchester City – Takeaway:
Man City will advance with a draw or win. The game will go to 30 minutes of extra time if Monaco wins 5-3. If it’s still tied it will be decided by a penalty shootout. Man City is 2-0 in European shootouts while Monaco is 1-0. Monaco will advance with a win by three goals or more or any two-goal win in which Man City scores less than three goals.