Tottenham Hotspur has clinched second place in the English Premier League this season but still, want to go out on a winning note with two games to go. Spurs will pay a visit to Leicester City on Thursday, May 18th where the teams will clash at King Power Stadium. Tottenham is coming off of a 2-1 win over Manchester United on Sunday in the last ever game at their White Hart Lane Stadium while Leicester dropped a 2-1 decision away to Manchester City.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as the favorites to win the game at 5/6 with Leicester 7/2 and a draw at 29/10
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met in October and played to a 1-1 draw in London in a league contest. Leicester won 1-0 away last season and drew 1-1 at home. They also met twice in the FA Cup last year with Spurs winning 2-0 in Leicester after they played to a 2-2 draw in London. Overall, these two sides have met 107 times in the past with Tottenham winning 52, losing 34 and drawing the other 21. Each team has three wins, three draws and three losses in the last nine meetings and the sides have drawn four of the last 10 encounters.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester won the Premier League last season and it looked like they might be relegated earlier this campaign. However, they managed to earn enough points to reach the safety zone after replacing former manager Claudio Ranieri with Craig Shakespeare. They enter the game in 11th place with just 43 points out of a possible 108 from 12 victories, seven draws and 17 defeats with 46 goals for and 56 against. They’re 10 points ahead of 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone.
Leicester has six wins, a draw and three losses in their past 10 league games while scoring 19 goals and conceding 12. Their home record consists of a decent 10 wins, three draws and four losses with 29 goals for and 18 against. As far as the injury loss goes, Craig Shakespeare will be missing midfielders Nampalys Mendy and Daniel Drinkwater for the rest of the season along with defender Molla Wague. In addition, defender Robert Huth is questionable for Thursday’s match.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham wrapped up the runners-up spot on the weekend with their home win over Manchester United. They also went undefeated at home for the first time since 1964/65 with a record of 17 wins and two draws. Spurs have 80 points from 22 wins, eight draws and four defeats with 73 goals for and a league-low 24 against. Tottenham has a league-best nine victories and one loss in their past 10 league games with 23 goals for and just six against. However, the closest they can finish to first-place Chelsea is one point if Spurs win their last two games and Chelsea loses theirs.
Tottenham also has a good away record this season with seven wins six draws and four losses while scoring 26 times and allowing 15 goals against. Spurs have a seven-point lead on third-place Liverpool with a Liverpool having just one game to play and they sit eight points in front of fourth-place Manchester City. As far as injuries are concerned, manager Mauricio Pochettino will be without midfielder Harry Winks and forward Erik Lamela for the remainder of the season but is hoping defender Danny Rose will be back in the squad.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – Takeaway:
- Leicester could finish as high as eighth place but will need to win their remaining two games to do so.
- Premier League Odds and Betting Previews
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.