Every week throughout the English Premier League season, we update this article with a match featuring an attractive angle or betting line. Check back often for the latest soccer betting news, tips, updates and Premier League Odds.
Week 33 Premier League Odds – Manchester United vs Chelsea April 16th, 2017
Chelsea travels north to Old Trafford on Sunday, April 16th to face Manchester United in an important English Premier League contest. Chelsea can’t afford to slip up as second-place Tottenham is breathing down their necks and United needs the points to climb into the top four and earn a spot in the 2017/18 European Champions League. Chelsea beat Bournemouth 3-1 down on the south coast last weekend while Man United downed last-place Sunderland 3-0 away. United then traveled to Belgium on Thursday and played to a 1-1 draw with Anderlecht in the first leg of their Europa League quarterfinal clash.
Manchester United vs Chelsea – bet365 Premier League Odds:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at 31/20 with Chelsea 9/5 a draw at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs Chelsea – Head to Head:
- These two clubs met in the FA Cup quarterfinals last month with Chelsea winning 1-0 at home. They also met in league action in October in London with Chelsea thumping United 4-0. The teams drew both league meetings last season by playing to a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford and 1-1 at Stamford Bridge. Man United is now winless in the last dozen meetings with seven defeats and five draws. United’s last victory was a 3-2 away win in October of 2012 in the Premier League. United has five wins in the last 18 matches along with six draws and six losses. The clubs have met 176 times in the past with Man United winning 75, losing 52 and drawing the other 49.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Sixth-place Manchester United is currently riding a 21-match undefeated streak in Premier League play with 11 wins and 10 draws but hasn’t gained much ground in the standings due to the number of tied games. They don’t have any chance at challenging Chelsea for the top spot since they’re 18 points back of the league leaders even though they have a game in hand. In fact their last league defeat was to Chelsea back on October 23rd. United has a realistic shot at a top-four finish though as they’re four points behind fourth-place Manchester City with a game in hand.
United is also six points behind third-place Liverpool with two games in hand. They need to look over their shoulders though since Arsenal and Everton are both just three points behind United, but United has two games in hand on Everton. United’s 57 points in 30 games have come from 15 wins, 12 draws and three defeats with 46 goals for and just 24 against. The team has lost just twice in their past 35 games in all competitions and has have won 26 of their past 43.
United has struggled at home this season with nine draws along with six wins and one loss. They’ve scored 21 goals at Old Trafford and allowed 11 against. They’ve also drawn six of their last 10 league games overall with four wins while scoring 15 goals and conceding five. As far as injuries go, midfielder Juan Mata is out with a long-term problem while striker Wayne Rooney and goaltender David De Gea are questionable along with midfielder Ashley Young. In addition, defenders Chris Smalling and Phil Jones also have long-term injuries and forward James Wilson is out for the season.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea’s lead could be cut to just four points if they lose to Man United on Sunday and Tottenham wins their game. Their 72 points is the best in the league and it consists of 75 points from 24 wins, three draws and four defeats with 65 goals for and 25 against. The Blues have a fine home record at Stamford Bridge with 13 wins and two losses while scoring 39 goals and allowing 11 against. Chelsea has seven wins in their past 10 league contests along with two draws and a defeat with 20 goals for and 10 against.
Chelsea’s lead over second-place Tottenham Hotspur is still seven points and they have a 12-point edge on third-place Liverpool with a game in hand. They’re also 14 points in front of fourth-place Manchester City. The Blues have lost just once in their past 15 outings in all competitions and have been beaten only three times since October 26th. As usual this season, manager Antonio Conte has a healthy squad to choose from as there are no players named on the club’s official injury list.
Manchester United vs Chelsea – Takeaway:
- Both teams need all three points if they hope to achieve their goals this season and hopefully, both managers will go for them. Signup today at bet365 to get your 100% Initial Deposit Bonus and the best Premier League Odds online!