Manchester City plays their English Premier League finale away at Watford this Sunday, May 21st and could still finish anywhere from third to fifth place in the standings. A top-four position will earn them a berth in the European Champions League next season while a fifth-place finish would see them enter the less lucrative Europa League. Man City is coming off of a 3-1 home win over West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday while Watford lost their fifth game in a row when they were edged 4-3 away by league champions Chelsea on Monday.
Watford vs Manchester City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Manchester City as the favorites to win the game at 2/5 with Watford 13/2 and a draw at 15/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Watford vs Manchester City – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met on December 14th with Man City winning 2-0 in league action. City also won both games last season 2-1 at home and 2-0 away. The two teams have met just 23 times in the past with Man City winning 12, losing six and drawing the other five. Man City is unbeaten in the last 10 meetings with eight wins and two draws including five straight victories. The teams have drawn just twice in the last 18 meetings. Watford’s last win was 1-0 at home in league play in March of 1989.
Watford – A Closer Look:
Watford is simply playing out the rest of the season as they’re safe from relegation and too far back to earn a spot in any of next season’s European competitions. They haven’t been doing a good job of it though with five straight losses to their name. Watford enters the final weekend in 16th place in the 20-team league with just 40 points out of a possible 111. They have 11 wins, seven draws and 19 losses with 40 goals scored and 63 allowed and are level on points with Burnley FC.
Watford has a record of three wins and seven defeats over the past 10 league matches with only seven goals for and 16 against. Their home record stands at a respectable eight wins, four draws and six losses with 25 goals for and 24 against. On the injury front, the squad will be weakened as defender Sebastian Prodl is suspended while defenders Christian Kabasele and Miguel Angel Britos are both questionable. In addition, forward Mauro Zarate, midfielder Roberto Pereyra and defender Younes Kaboul are all injured.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Man City would definitely rather finish third than fourth since the third-place team automatically qualifies for the European champions League next season and the fourth-place club will have to enter a playoff to qualify for the group stage of the tournament. City enters the contest in third place, two points ahead of Liverpool and three up on fifth-place Arsenal. They have 75 points from 22 wins, nine draws and six defeats with 75 goals scored and 39 allowed after 37 games.
Man City has five victories, four draws and just one loss in their past 10 league outings with 22 goals for and 10 against. Away from home, City has a record of 11 wins, two draws and five losses with 38 goals scored and 22 allowed for the second best road mark in the league. As far as injuries are concerned, manager Pep Guardiola has a relatively healthy squad as he will only be without goaltender Claudio Bravo and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan for the match.
Watford vs Manchester City – Takeaway:
- Man City will clinch third place and a spot in the Champions League group stage with a win, but could fall to fifth and the Europa League with a loss. If they finish tied for fourth on points and goal difference with Liverpool or Arsenal there will be a one-game playoff for fourth spot
- Premier League Odds and Betting Previews
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.