NCAAF Odds: Alabama vs Ole Miss
In Week three of the 2016 NCAA Football season, Ole Miss will try to make it 3 straight upset wins over Alabama when they meet in Oxford 9/17/16 at 3:30 PM EST. The game will be televised on CBS. Alabama has started the 2016 season at 2-0 Straight Up and 2-0 Against the Spread. In this one, Alabama is laying 11.5 points, up from –10 at the open and will give freshman QB Jalen Hurts his second career start and first on the road.
Ole Miss is 1-1 SU, 0-2 ATS. As 11.5 point dogs, the Rebels are an interesting pick. They upset Alabama in each of their last two meetings, winning as 5.5-point home dogs in 2014 and 9-point road dogs in 2015. Since Nick Saban took the reins at ‘Bama nine years ago, Ole Miss is 2-7 SU and 6-3 ATS against the Tide. That includes 2-2 SU and 3-1 ATS under head coach Hugh Freeze. The Rebels will start senior Chad Kelly, who threw for three touchdowns and no interceptions in last year’s 43-37 win at Alabama.
However, Ole Miss may not have the horses to get the job done this year. DB Ken Webster and RB Eric Sweeney have already been lost to season-ending injuries, and the offensive line is replacing all five starters from 2015.
Here’s a closer look at the odds, betting trends and pre-game summary for Alabama vs Ole Miss:
Alabama vs Ole Miss: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists the Alabama as 11.5 point home favorites – the over/under is not yet listed.
Alabama vs Ole Miss Betting Trends:
Alabama Crimson Tide:
- Season record: 2-0 SU,2-0 ATS
- Alabama is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Alabama is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Ole Miss Rebels:
- Season record: 1-1 SU,0-2 ATS
- Ole Miss is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Ole Miss is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Ole Miss is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games at home
Next up for both teams:
- Alabama home to Kent State Saturday, September 24
- Ole Miss home to Georgia Saturday, September 24
Here’s more great betting information for Alabama vs Ole Miss from Bovada:
Check out all of the upcoming NCAA Football Matchup information from Bovada below!
For NFL and NCAA Football Bettors outside the United States we recommend these top-rated online sportsbooks: