Well, the Chicago Bears finally won a home game last week, and maybe that’s a good sign for this team going forward. They seem to have a little bit of life under quarterback Brian Hoyer, and on Sunday they will go up against an Indianapolis Colts team that might be a little travel-weary after playing overseas last week. These clubs will get together at 1 PM ET at Lucas Oil Stadium in downtown Indianapolis. Fox Network will televise this game on a regional basis, and VietBet customers will have the opportunity to get some action under their belts even after the game has kicked off, courtesy of the state-of-the-art software that’s available through Live Betting Ultra.
Bears vs Colts – NFL Betting Line:
In the betting lines posted on this game by the folks at VietBet, the Colts are favored:
Chicago Bears +4.5
Indianapolis Colts -4.5
Over 47.5 points -110
Under 47.5 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW for online Bears vs Colts Odds! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Bears vs Colts Betting Trends:
- Season record: 1-3 SU, 1-3 ATS
- The Bears are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing Indianapolis
- The Bears are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing Indianapolis
- Season record: 1-3 SU, 1-3 ATS
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’s last 5 games
- The Colts are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games
- The Colts are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Indianapolis’s last 12 games at home
- The Colts are 16-7 SU in their last 23 games at home
- The Colts are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing Chicago
- The Colts are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’s last 6 games when playing Chicago
Bears vs Colts – CJ’s Take:
Jay Cutler injured his thumb, which gave Hoyer his opening. In the last two weeks he has thrown for 317 and 302 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Importantly, he was sacked only three times also, and that compares favorably with the eight sacks Cutler sustained against just 46 pass attempts. Beating the Detroit Lions last weekend was significant, because the Bears had lost eleven of their previous 12 games at Soldier Field.
Indianapolis suffered a disappointment, losing 30-27 to the Jacksonville Jaguars in win at Wembley Stadium in London. They are making some history here, in a way, as they are the first NFL team to play in London one week and not get the benefit of a bye the next week. They have already fallen behind the Houston Texans by two games in the AFC South division.
Andrew Luck threw 42 times last week but only had 234 yards to show for it. From those figures, it doesn’t sound like he’s going too far down the field. And there has reportedly been some consternation on his part as to how conservative the offense has become. The fact is, the Colts are trying to get some more balance, and that burden is falling on Frank Gore, who is serviceable at four yards per carry, but has gotten to the point in his career were he really risks being overworked. The Colts made a nice comeback last week, but it was too little, too late. And their only victory thus far came on a last-minute touchdown reception by TY Hilton against San Diego, which is used to blowing leads.
VietBet patrons have to be impressed with rookie running back Jordan Howard, who topped the 100-yard mark last week, starting for the injured Jeremy Langford. Right now Howard is really the only option for the Bears in the backfield. And this is a team that should be able to run the football, considering the fact that they have to Pro Bowl guards – Kyle Long and Josh Sitton – on the offensive line. As far as Hoyer’s receivers are concerned, Eddie Royal is an old reliable and has done well thus far (13.4 yards per catch), while Alshon Jeffery is the #1 guy. Kevin White, a second-year man who could be very useful, had a nice game but had to leave with an injury.
Next up for both teams:
- The Bears host the Jaguars Sunday, October 16th
- The Colts visit the Texans Sunday, October 16th
Come to VietBet and get the best of everything, including reduced juice wagering before the game and Live Betting Ultra after it begins…… Deposit your money in a number of different ways, including your Visa card, person-to-person transfers or Bitcoin, and remember that these people pay out as fast as anyone in the industry!
By Charles Jay