The NFL’s oldest rivalry continues in Week 4 on Thursday Night Football (8:25 PM ET, CBS) as the Chicago Bears play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. Since 1921, the division rivals have played each other 194 times, and unbelievably, the series is even at 94-94-6 heading into this 2017 showdown. To put in recent perspective, however, the Packers have won 6 of the last 7 games vs Da Bears. This game could turn into an ugly one for the QBs as both teams have major questions on the offensive line.
Bears vs Packers Odds September 28th, 2017
- Bovada Oddsmakers opened the Packers as -7.5-point favorites versus the Bears, while the game’s total opened at 45.5
Bears vs Packers Odds – A Look at the Packers
Green Bay is 2-1 straight up and 1-2 ATS. They are one of the better teams in the NFL, and perhaps the most popular, but the Packers haven’t covered since Week 1, and they needed overtime to beat the Bengals 27-24 in Week 2 as 8-point home favorites. The Packers lost yet another offensive lineman in that game: RT Kyle Murphy (foot) was placed on injured reserve Tuesday.
Bears vs Packers Odds – A Look at the Bears
Chicago is 1-2 straight up and 2-1 ATS. They got their first win of 2017 last Sunday in another overtime thriller, beating the Steelers 23-17 as 7.5-point home underdogs. But they’re also growing perilously thin on the offensive line; center Hroniss Grasu (hand) left the game early and remains iffy for Thursday, as does RG Josh Sitton (ribs). Safety Quintin Demps is out indefinitely as well with a broken forearm.
Join Bovada to get a 50% Welcome Bonus worth up to $250 today!
Here’s a closer look at the betting trends for the Bears vs Packers Week 4 NFL matchup:
Bears vs Packers Odds and Betting Trends:
- The Bears were a 23-17 winner in their most recent outing at home against the Steelers. They covered the +6.5-point spread as underdogs, while the total score (40) made winners of UNDER bettors.
- Team record: 1-2 SU,2-1 ATS
- Chicago is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Chicago is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- Chicago is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Green Bay Packers:
- The Packers were a 27-24 winner in their most recent outing at home against the Bengals. They failed to cover the -7-point spread as favorites, while the total score (51) made winners of OVER bettors.
- Team record: 2-1 SU,1-2 ATS
- Green Bay is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games
- Green Bay is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Green Bay’s last 10 games
Next up for both teams:
- Chicago home to Minnesota Monday, October 9
- Green Bay at Dallas Sunday, October 8
Check out all of the upcoming NFL Matchups and Betting information from Bovada below!
For NFL and NCAA Football Bettors outside the United States we recommend these top-rated online sportsbooks: