Bournemouth plays their second straight game on the south coast this Saturday, August 26th as they take on one of the English Premier League title favorites Manchester City at Vitality Stadium. Bournemouth dropped a 2-0 home decision to Brighton last weekend while Man City drew 1-1 at home to Everton after fighting back from a 1-0 deficit with 10 men.
Bournemouth vs Manchester City Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man City as favorites to win the game at 7/20 with Bournemouth 15/2 and a draw at 7/2
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Bournemouth vs Manchester City Odds – Head to Head History:
- The clubs met twice in league action in 2016/17 with man City shutting Bournemouth out 4-0 at home and 2-0 away and has won four straight meetings. The teams have met just 10 times in the past with Man City going undefeated with eight wins and two draws.
Bournemouth – A Closer Look:
Bournemouth enters the contest in 16th place in the 20-team league with no points following a pair of losses. They’ were beaten 1-0 away by West Bromwich Albion in their season-opener before falling 2-0 at home to Brighton last weekend. Needless to say, they haven’t been able to find the back of the net yet and that needs to be taken care of before they sink further down the table. On the bright side, there are four other teams which have yet to earn a point.
Bournemouth traveled to Birmingham on Tuesday for an English league Cup match and managed to leave town with a 2-1 win on goals by Marc Pugh and Ryan Fraser. They now have two wins, two losses and two draws in their past six competitive matches dating back to last season. Manager Eddie Howe guided the Cherries to a ninth-place finish last year, but that may be tough to replicate this campaign. Howe has some injury problems as defenders Simon Francis and Rhoys Wiggins are doubtful along with midfielders Junior Stanislas, Emerson Hyndman and forward Callum Wilson.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Man City has picked up four points on the season with their 1-1 draw with Everton and a 2-0 season-opening win at Brighton. Last year’s third-place finishers are hoping to launch a serious challenge for the title this campaign under second-year manager Pep Guardiola. City currently sits in fifth place in the standings with three goals scored and one allowed. City is unbeaten in their past six competitive games dating back to last season with five wins and a draw.
Forwards Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling each have a league goal and their other was an own goal by Brighton. Guardiola has a relatively healthy squad to choose from for Saturday’s fixture as defender Benjamin Mendy and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan are the only two players listed as being questionable. Defender Kyle Walker received his marching orders against Everton with two quick yellow cards late in the first half. And will be suspended for the game in Bournemouth.
Bournemouth vs Manchester City Odds – Our Takeaway:
- Things don’t look good for Bournemouth heading into this game and they’d be happy with just a draw if possible.