There will be one final London derby in the English soccer season as Chelsea and Arsenal will face off in the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium this Saturday, May 27th. Chelsea made it to the Final after downing Tottenham Hotspur 4-2 in another London derby in the semifinals while Arsenal beat Manchester City 2-1 in their final-four clash.
Chelsea vs Arsenal – English FA Cup Final Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea to win the 90-minute game 8/11 with Arsenal 7/2 and a draw at 11/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
English FA Cup Final – Chelsea vs Arsenal Head to Head:
- The two teams met twice in the Premier League this season with Arsenal winning 3-0 at home in September and Chelsea winning their home fixture 2-1. The sides have met 189 times in the past in all competitions with Arsenal winning 73, losing 62 and drawing the other 54. Arsenal has won just four of the past 15 meetings though along with eight losses and three draws. They last met in an FA Cup contest in April of 2009 with Chelsea winning 2-1 away. The teams have met in one previous FA Cup Final with Arsenal winning 2-0 in 2001/02 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff Wales. Arsenal also won the Premier League that season.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea won the Premier League this season with 93 points from 30 wins, three draws and five losses with 85 goals for and 33 against. They wrapped up the season last Sunday with a 5-1 thrashing of last place Sunderland at home at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea posted a record of eight wins and two losses in their last 10 league matches while scoring 26 goals and conceding 12. This includes six straight wins to finish out the season and the won the league by seven points over second-place Tottenham Hotspur.
The Blues’ record away from home was 13 wins, three draws and three defeats with 30 goals for and 16 against. Chelsea’s other FA Cup games this year included beating Manchester United 1-0 at home in the quarterfinals, downing League One club Peterborough United 4-1 at home in the third round, thumping Championship League team Brentford 4-0 at home in the fourth round and beating Championship League side Wolverhampton 2-0 away in the fifth round.
Chelsea has appeared in 11 FA Cup Finals with seven victories to their name. Their last win was in 2011/12 when they edged Liverpool 2-1. As far as injuries go, manager Antonio Conte has been quite fortunate this season with only a few injuries to his squad throughout the campaign. It appears to be the same scenario for the Cup Final as there’s currently nobody named on Chelsea’s injury list.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal beat Everton 3-1 in their season finale at home on Sunday, but fell short of their goal of a top-four finish and a spot in next season’s European Champions League. Thus ends the Gunners’ 20-year streak of Champions League football. Arsenal finished the campaign in fifth place on the table with 75 points, one shy of fourth-place Liverpool. The club had 23 wins, six draws and nine losses with 77 goals scored and 44 allowed. Arsenal hasn’t won the Premier League crown since 2004 now.
The Gunners won eight and lost two of their last 10 league contests while scoring 29 times and conceding eight. This includes a run of five straight victories to end the season. Arsenal had nine wins away from home in the Premier League this season with three draws and seven losses. They scored 38 goals away from home and allowed 28 against. On the injury front, manager Arsene Wenger is without midfielder Santi Cazorla while defender Shkodran Mustafi and forward Lucas Perez are questionable.
In addition, defender Laurent Koscielny is suspended. Arsenal shares the record with Manchester United for the most FA Cup wins with 12 and for the most appearances with 19. Their last appearance and win was 2014/15 when they hammered Aston Villa 4-0. Arsenal also beat Championship League club Preston North End 2-1 away this year’s FA Cup, thumped Premier League side Southampton 5-0 away, beat non-league side Sutton United 2-0 away and drilled non-league Lincoln City 5-0 at home.
Chelsea vs Arsenal – English FA Cup Final Takeaway:
- Chelsea can win the FA Cup and League double with a win here while Arsenal has a chance to win a record 13th FA Cup. If the game ends in a draw it will go to 30 minutes of extra time. If it’s still level it will be decided by a penalty shootout.
- Premier League Odds and Betting Previews
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.