NFL Week 4 features an important AFC matchup as the Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) visit the Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) for Sunday Night Football. In week 3, the Chiefs humiliated the NY Jets 24-3 while the Steelers faced a similar humiliation, losing 34-3 to the Philadelphia Eagles. This is a big game for both teams and could go far in deciding their playoff fate. The Steelers have won five straight at home against the Chiefs, who last won in Pittsburgh in 1986. The Steelers have covered the spread in eight of their last 11 against teams with a winning record.
The Steeler’s offense struggled in Philadelphia, while Kansas City’s defense forced eight turnovers vs the New York Jets.
Le’Veon Bell was suspended for the first three games of the 2016 campaign after missing a drug test, and he played just six games last year for the Steelers before tearing his MCL, so he might be a bit rusty on Sunday. So will RB Jamaal Charles – if the Chiefs decide to use him. Charles hasn’t played since Week 5 of last year because of a torn ACL – he’s listed as week-to-week.
For the Steelers, there are mixed reports at press time, but LB Ryan Shazier (knee), LG Ramon Foster (chest) and WR Eli Rogers (toe) have all been termed “very questionable” for Sunday by head coach Mike Tomlin. Safety Robert Golden (hamstring) could end up missing several games for Pittsburgh.
The Chiefs dominated the New York Jets in a 24-3 romp, all thanks to the Kansas City’s defense, which picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick six times and forced eight turnovers overall. Alex Smith was 25-of-33 for 237 yards and a touchdown, but this game belonged to the defense, who didn’t even have to register a sack with all those turnovers.
Here’s a closer look at the odds, betting trends and pre-game summary for the Chiefs vs Steelers week 4 NFL matchup:
Chiefs vs Steelers: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists Pittsburgh as 5.5 point favorites with the over/under set at 47.5 points.
Join Bovada to get a 50% Welcome Bonus worth up to $250 today!
Chiefs vs Steelers Betting Trends:
Kansas City Chiefs:
- Season Record: 2-1 SU, 1-2 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 7 games
- The Chiefs are 13-2 SU in their last 15 games
- The Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Kansas City is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The Chiefs are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The Chiefs are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- The Chiefs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Season Record: 2-1 SU, 2-1 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games
- Pittsburgh is 7-3 SU in their last 10 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games when playing Kansas City
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Kansas City
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Kansas City
Next up for both teams:
- The Steelers host the NY Jets Sunday, October 9th
- The Chiefs are on their bye week in Week 5
By Ian Palmer
Here’s more great betting information for the Chiefs vs Steelers from Bovada:
Check out all of the upcoming NFL Matchups and Betting information from Bovada below!
For NFL and NCAA Football Bettors outside the United States we recommend these top-rated online sportsbooks: