The Dallas Cowboys head to the west coast this weekend to battle with the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday, October 2nd. This intriguing NFC clash will be taking place at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The Cowboys and 49ers enjoyed different outcomes last week as Dallas downed the Chicago Bears 31-17 at home while San Francisco was beaten 37-18 in Seattle. The 49ers enter the weekend at 1-2 on the season and sit in third place in the NFC West while Dallas is 2-1 and in third position in the AFC East.
Here’s a closer look at the odds, betting trends and pre-game summary for the Cowboys vs 49ers game:
Cowboys vs 49ers: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists Dallas at -3 points at -105 with 49ers +3 points at -115, the over/under is 46 points with both at -110.
Join Bovada to get a 50% Welcome Bonus worth up to $250 today!
Cowboys vs 49ers Betting Trends:
- Season record: 2-1 SU, 2-0-1 ATS
- The Cowboys are 4-13 SU in their last 17 games
- The Cowboys are 2-3-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Cowboys are 13-6 SU in their last 19 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games when playing San Francisco
- The Cowboys are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing San Francisco
- The Cowboys are 1-2-2 ATS in their last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- The Cowboys are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
San Francisco 49ers:
- Team record: 1-2 SU, 1-2 ATS
- The 49ers are 5-13 SU in their last 18 games
- The 49ers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 7 games when playing Dallas
- The 49ers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing Dallas
- The 49ers are 2-2-2 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Dallas
- The 49ers are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Dallas
Dallas Cowboys – A Closer Look:
The Cowboys appear to be improving with each outing and have won two straight now against the Redskins and the Bears after dropping a one-point game in their season opener against the New York Giants. Starting quarterback Tony Romo is still out with an injury, but rookie replacement Dak Prescott has been impressive along with fellow first-year player Ezekiel Elliott. Prescott passed for 248 yards against the Bears last week as he was successful on close to 80 per cent of his attempts. He threw his first career touchdown pass to Dez Bryant, and also ran 36 yards for a touchdown.
Meanwhile, Elliot carried the ball 30 times for a total of 140 yards last week, but didn’t manage to score. The Cowboys may have to do without Bryant this weekend though as he suffered a knee sprain against the Bears. If that’s the case, there will be some added pressure on the shoulders of Prescott and Elliot. The Cowboys will likely focus on a ground assault as the San Francisco front hasn’t been at its best over the past couple of weeks.
San Francisco 49ers – A Closer Look:
San Francisco has lost two in a row with each defeat being by 19 points on the road against Seattle and Carolina. Things could have been worse actually if those two teams didn’t take the foot off the gas late in the game. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert has been trying hard, but is struggling so far his season. However, he hasn’t really had much in the way of receiving help and the San Francisco passing game is suffering because of it. Carlos Hyde had a fine game against Seattle though as he scored a pair of touchdowns and ran for 103 yards even though they came when the contest had already been decided.
The 49ers need to turn things around before they fall into an extended slump and they may be able to do it against the Cowboys. The Dallas front has had problems defending the rush and they don’t put much pressure on the passer, which means Gabbert and Hyde may have some success. The 49ers may also want to load the box and put the pressure on the young quarterback Prescott.
Next up for both teams:
- Dallas is at home to Cincinnati Oct. 9th
- San Francisco is at home to Arizona Oct. 6th
By Ian Palmer
Check out all of the upcoming NFL Matchups and Betting information from Bovada below!
For NFL and NCAA Football Bettors outside the United States we recommend these top-rated online sportsbooks: