English Premier League giants Arsenal will be hosting non-league team Lincoln City of the National league in the English FA Cup quarterfinals at the Emirates Stadium in London this Saturday, March 11th. Lincoln is coming off of a 4-0 away win over Braintree Town in league action on Tuesday while Arsenal was humiliated 5-1 at home by Bayern Munich in the European Champions League the same night.
Arsenal vs Lincoln City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Arsenal as the favorites to win the game at 1/12 with Lincoln 28/1 and a draw at 10/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Arsenal vs Lincoln City – Head to Head:
- The two teams have met 26 times in the past with Arsenal winning 13, losing six and drawing the other seven. They haven’t met for over 100 years as their last encounter took place in March of 1915 with Lincoln winning 1-0 at home in league action.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal enters the match in fifth place on the Premier League table, but haven’t won the league title since 2004. They have 15 wins, five draws and six losses with 55 goals scored and 31 allowed. They’re 16 points behind league-leading Chelsea and two behind fourth-place Liverpool. They’re also just one point ahead of sixth-place Manchester United and six in front of seventh-place Everton. However, the Gunners do have a game in hand on all four teams that are ahead of them.
The club has five wins, a draw and four losses in their past 10 league games with 18 goals for and 14 against. At home, they have nine wins, two draws and two defeats with 26 goals scored and 13 conceded. Manager Arsene Wenger is without midfielder Santi Cazorla for the rest of the season and midfielder Aaron Ramsey and forward Danny Welbeck are questionable for the match.
Arsenal shares the record with Manchester United for the most FA Cup Final wins with 12 each and for the most appearances with 19 each. Their last appearance and win came in 2014/15 when they hammered Aston Villa 4-0. Arsenal beat second-tier Championship League club Preston North End 2-1 away in the third round of this year’s FA Cup, then thumped fellow Premier League side Southampton 5-0 away in the fourth round and beat non-league side Sutton United 2-0 away in the fifth round.
Lincoln City – A Closer Look:
This is the furthest Lincoln has ever progressed in an FA Cup competition. They have reached the final 16 on three occasions. They have made it this far by beating Altrincham 2-1 at home in the first round, Oldham 3-2 at home in the second round, Ipswich 1-0 at home in a third round replay after drawing 2-2 in Ipswich, and Brighton 3-1 at home in the fourth round. They then beat Premier League club Burnley 1-0 away in the fifth round.
Lincoln is now the first non-league side to reach the quarterfinals of the FA Cup since the 1913/14 campaign. The club currently sits in first place in the 24-team National League, with 22 wins, six draws and six losses for 72 points. They’ve scored 67 goals and allowed 32 against. They’re unbeaten in their last six league outings with four wins and two draws.
Lincoln City has a six-point lead over second-place Forest Green and a 12-point cushion over fifth-place Dover Athletic and the last playoff spot. Lincoln is the top away team in their league with 11 wins, two draws and four losses while scoring 30 goals and allowing 18 against.
Arsenal vs Lincoln City – Takeaway
There are a lot of Arsenal fans who are pushing for the dismissal of manager Arsene Wenger and some might be willing to go as far as hoping for a loss to the minnows from Lincoln as that could see Wenger’s 21-year reign come to an end. Lincoln isn’t expected to win, but fate may decide otherwise.