There’s another big London derby on tap in the English Premier League this week as struggling Arsenal hosts West Ham United at the Emirates Stadium this Wednesday, April 5th. Arsenal is coming off of a 2-2 home draw with Manchester City on Sunday while West Ham came out on the wrong end of a 2-1 decision at lowly Hull City.
Arsenal vs West Ham United – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Arsenal as the favorites to win the game at 2/5 with West Ham 11/2 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Arsenal vs West Ham United – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at West Ham on December 3rd with Arsenal drilling the home team 5-1. These teams met twice in league play last season as well with West Ham winning 2-0 away in August and drawing 3-3 at home in April. Overall, these two sides have met 134 times in the past with Arsenal winning 62, losing 34 and drawing the other 38. West Ham has one victory in the past 19 meetings along with three draws and 15 defeats. Prior to last season, the Gunners had won 10 in a row.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal enters this match in sixth place on the Premier League table, just a point ahead of Everton, but with two games in hand. The Gunners have 51 points from 15 wins, six draws and six defeats with 58 goals for and 36 against. They’re 18 points behind league-leading Chelsea with a game in hand, but the club’s Premier League title drought since 2004 will continue. Arsenal is fighting for a top-four finish and is eight points behind fourth-place Manchester City with a game in hand and is two points back of fifth-place Manchester United.
Arsenal had a perfect opportunity to gain points on both Manchester teams last weekend, but failed to do so with their draw against Man City. They’re also eight points behind third-place Liverpool with two games in hand. The Gunners have four wins, two draws and four defeats in their past 10 league matches with 19 goals scored and 17 allowed. At home, they have nine wins, three draws and two defeats with 28 goals for and 15 against. Under-fire manager Arsene Wenger will likely without goaltender Petr Cech and defender Kieran Gibbs while midfielder Santi Cazorla is out for the rest of the season.
West Ham United – A Closer Look:
West Ham has also been struggling lately with just three wins in their past 10 games with three draws and five losses. They’ve scored 18 goals in those games and allowed 19 against. The club has dropped down to 14th place in the standings with 33 points out of a possible 90. They have nine wins on the campaign with six draws and 15 losses with 41 goals scored and 54 allowed. The Hammers have four wins away from home with three draws and eight defeats while scoring 24 times and conceding 27.
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic needs to be careful since his squad is just six points ahead of 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone. Bilic also has somewhat of a depleted team due to injuries as defender Aaron Cresswell is questionable while defenders Winston Reid and Angelo Ogbonna are still sidelined along with midfielder Michail Antonio and forward Diafra Sakho. In addition, midfielders Pedro Mba Obiang and Gokhan Tore are out for the season.
Arsenal vs West Ham United – Takeaway
Arsenal is desperate for points for a top-four finish and spot in the European Champions League while West Ham may be happy with a draw.