There’s a big London derby in the English Premier League this weekend as league-leading Chelsea tries to put a stranglehold on first place when they host Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, April 1st. Chelsea beat Stoke City 2-1 away in their last league game two weeks ago while Crystal Palace took all three points in a huge 1-0 home victory over Watford.
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game at 2/7 with Crystal Palace 11/1 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at Selhurst Park on December 17th with Chelsea winning 1-0. They also met twice in league action last season with Palace leaving Stamford Bridge as 2-1 winners and Chelsea winning their away match 3-0. Overall, these two clubs have met 49 times in the past with Chelsea winning 24, losing 10 and drawing the other 15. Crystal Palace has won just two of the past 19 meetings along with four draws and 13 defeats.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea still sits on top of the Premier League with 69 points from 22 wins, three draws and three losses with 59 goals for and a shared league-low 21 against. The Blues have an excellent home record with 12 wins and a loss while scoring 36 times and conceding only eight. Chelsea has seven wins in their past 10 league matches along with two draws and a loss with 21 goals for and 10 against. They have a 10-point lead on second-place Tottenham Hotspur and is 12 ahead of Manchester City and 13 in front of fourth-place Liverpool with a game in hand on Liverpool.
The Blues are also 17 points in front of fifth-place Manchester United and have a 19-point edge on Arsenal and Everton. However, United and Arsenal have a game in hand while Chelsea has one in hand on Everton. Chelsea is now unbeaten in their past 12 games in all competitions and have lost just twice since October 26th. On the injury front, manager Antonio Conte is hoping that goaltender Thibaut Courtois, striker Diego Costa, and midfielders Victor Moses and Eden Hazard are all healthy enough ton dress.
Crystal Palace – A Closer Look:
Crystal Palace has managed to climb out of the relegation zone with three consecutive wins and clean sheets. They enter the weekend in 16th place in the 20-team league with 28 points. They have eight wins, four draws and 16 defeats with 36 goals scored and 46 allowed. They’re just four points ahead of 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone, but have a game in hand on Hull. Palace has four wins away from home this season along with three draws and seven losses while scoring 21 times and conceding 26.
Palace has four wins in their past 10 league outings along with six losses. They’ve scored seven goals in those 10 games and have allowed 13 against. Manage Sam Allardyce has some injury problems to deal with as defender Patrick Van Aanholt will likely miss the game while goaltender Steve Mandanda is questionable. In addition, forward Connor Wickham is out for the rest of the season and it looks like defender Pape Souare will also miss the remainder of the campaign.
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace – Takeaway:
Chelsea needs the points to eventually be crowned league champions while Palace needs them to stay above the relegation zone. Palace will be happy with a draw though while Chelsea won’t be.