Manchester United is aiming for a top-four English Premier League finish this season and a berth in the next European Champions League campaign. They’ll be at home at Old Trafford this weekend as they host West Bromwich Albion this Saturday, April 1st. United beat Middlesbrough 3-1 away in their last league outing two weeks ago while West Brom downed Arsenal 3-1 at home at the Hawthorns.
Manchester United vs West Bromwich Albion – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at 3/10 with West Brom 9/1 a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs West Bromwich Albion – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at the Hawthorns on December 17th with United wining 2-0. They also met twice in league action last campaign with Man United winning 2-0 at home and West Brom winning their home match 1-0. Each team has three wins, a draw and three defeats in their last six encounters. Overall, these two sides have met 129 times in the past with Man United winning 55, losing 43 and drawing the other 31. Man United has won 19 of the past 26 contests with four draws and three defeats. The sides have drawn just four times in the past 26 meetings.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is currently riding an 18-game undefeated streak in the Premier League with 10 wins and eight draws. They’re presently in fifth place on the table after 27 contests with 52 points from 14 wins, 10 draws and three losses. They’ve scored 42 goals and allowed 23 against. United has been beaten just twice in their past 30 games in all competitions with 25 wins in their past 39. Their last league loss was 4-0 at Chelsea back in October. United has struggled at home though with six wins, seven draws, and a loss while scoring 20 goals and conceding 10.
The club is still 17 points back of league-leading Chelsea with a game in hand. They’re just four behind fourth-place Liverpool though with two games in hand on their arch rivals. In addition, they’re just two points ahead of Arsenal and Everton but have two games in hand on Everton. On the injury front, Marouane Fellaini, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Paul Pogba and Wayne Rooney are all questionable while James Wilson is out for the season. In addition, Ander Herrera and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are both suspended for the contest.
West Bromwich Albion – A Closer Look:
West Brom has climbed up to eighth place in the standings with 43 points. They have 12 wins, seven draws and 10 losses with 39 goals for and 38 against. They’re seven points behind sixth-place Arsenal and a chance at a Europa League spot for next season, but the Gunners have two games in hand. West Brom has three wins, five draws and six defeats away from home this season with 12 goals for and 20 conceded.
West Brom has five wins, two draws and three losses in their past 10 league games while scoring 14 goals and allowing 15 against. However, they’ve lost two of their past three outings. Manager Tony Pulis has a relatively healthy squad to choose from as there are no players on the injury list. Midfielders James Morrison and Matt Phillips are both questionable though and will be assessed before the match.
Manchester United vs West Bromwich Albion – Takeaway:
United is still trying to crack the top four and needs to win games instead of drawing them to do so. West Brom has a slight chance at Europe this season, so may be suitably motivated.