Manchester United will try to crack the top four of the English Premier League this weekend when they take on Middlesbrough away at the Riverside Stadium this Sunday, March 19th. United is coming off of a home match against FC Rostov in the Europa League on Thursday which they won 1-0 to advance to the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Middlesbrough was beaten 2-0 at home in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup last weekend.
Middlesbrough vs Manchester United Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Manchester United as the favorites to win the game at 8/11 with Middlesbrough 5/1 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Middlesbrough vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
- These two teams last met on New Year’s Eve with Man United winning 2-1 at home at Old Trafford. Prior to that, they met in October of 2015 when they played to a 0-0 draw in Manchester in an English League Cup contest. Middlesbrough then won the match in a penalty shootout. It’s Middlesbrough’s lone win in the last 12 meetings along with seven defeats and four draws. Overall, these two sides have met 125 times in the past with Man United winning 63, losing 34 and drawing the other 28. Middlesbrough’s last win at Old Trafford was 3-2 in Premier League action in February of 2004.
Middlesbrough – A Closer Look:
Middlesbrough enters the weekend in the Premier League relegation zone as they sit in 19th place in the 20-team league. They have just 22 points out of a possible 81 with four victories, 10 draws and 13 defeats. They’ve scored a league-low 19 goals and allowed a respectable 30 against. Middlesbrough has three wins, four draws and six losses at home in league play this season with 11 goals scored and 14 allowed.
Middlesbrough is winless in their past 10 league outings with four draws and defeats losses while scoring just three goals and conceding 11 against. The team is three points ahead of last-place Sunderland while they’re two points back of 18th-place Hull City and three behind 17th-place Crystal Palace and the safety zone. Middlesbrough may have some injury issues as defenders Bernardo, George Friend and Daniel Ayala are all questionable while midfielder Calum Chambers is still sidelined.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is in the midst of a 17-match unbeaten string in the English Premier League with nine wins to go along with eight draws. They enter the game in sixth place in the Premier League table after 26 outings with 49 points from 13 victories, 10 draws and three defeats. They’ve scored 39 times while allowing 22 goals against. United has lost just twice in their past 29 games in all competitions with 24 wins in their past 38. They have seven wins, three draws and two losses away from home in Premier League play this campaign with 19 goals scored and 12 allowed.
United is still 17 points behind first-place Chelsea with a game in hand. They’re also six back of fourth-place Liverpool with two games in hand and a point behind fifth-place Arsenal. On the injury front, striker Wayne Rooney is listed as day to day while forward James Wilson has a long-term injury. In addition, midfielder Ander Herrera and striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic are both suspended for the game. United has six wins and four draws in their past 10 league contests.
Middlesbrough vs Manchester United – Takeaway:
The three points are crucial for Middlesbrough as they try to climb out of the relegation zone. United also needs the points to break into the top four and earn a spot in the Champions League. Middlesbrough could be happy with a draw though.