One of the most intriguing English Premier League clashes this weekend will be taking place in Liverpool as Everton hosts Tottenham Hotspur at Goodison Park on Saturday, September 9th. Tottenham allowed a late goal at home the last time out for a 1-1 draw with Burnley at Wembley while Everton dropped a 2-0 decision at Stamford Bridge in London to reigning champions Chelsea.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as favorites to win the game at 21/20 with Everton 13/5 and a draw at 23/10
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur Odds – History Head to Head:
- The teams met twice in league action in 2016/17 with Tottenham winning 3-2 at home and drawing 1-1 away. The clubs have met 174 times in the past with Tottenham winning 65, losing 55 and drawing the other 54. Everton is winless in the last nine encounters with five draws and four defeats.
Everton – A Closer Look:
Wayne Rooney scored in his first two league games for Everton, but the team was held off the score sheet by Chelsea 2-0 in their last match. The Merseyside club dropped Stoke City 1-0 at Goodison Park in their first match and then played to a 1-1 away draw with Manchester City. The Toffees still have four points on the campaign and enter the match in 12th place on the table with two goals scored and three allowed. Rooney has both of the team’s league goals.
Everton trails first-place Manchester United by five points and is level on points with Tottenham, Burnley, Stoke City and Swansea. The club now has three wins, four defeats and a draw in its last eight competitive fixtures dating back to last season. Manager Ronald Koeman has a few injuries to the squad including goaltender Jordan Pickford, defenders Seamus Coleman and Ramiro Funes Mori and midfielders Ross Barkley and Yannick Bolasie. Defender James McCarthy, midfielder Davy Klaassen and striker Sandro Ramirez are questionable, but midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is back from suspension.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Spurs beat Newcastle 2-0 away to open the season and then lost 2-1 at home to Chelsea in a London derby before dropping two more points at home in their last match when they drew 1-1 with Burnley. The team enters the game in ninth place on the table with four points. They’ve scored four goals so far and have allowed three against. Spurs are also five points back of league-leading Man United and are level on points with Burnley, Stoke, Everton and Swansea.
Dele Alli leads the squad in scoring with a pair of goals and Ben Davies has one. Tottenham won’t mind playing away from home as they struggle at Wembley and will be anxiously looking forward to their new stadium next year. Manager Mauricio Pochettino once again seems to have a pretty healthy squad to select a starting-11 from as choose from as defender Danny Rose, midfielder Victor Wanyama and forward Erik Lamela are the only three players currently on the injury list.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur Odds – Our Takeaway:
- Both teams have dropped five points already and could use the three points to get back in the title race and a spot in the top four.