FC Rostov of Russia will be hosting English Premier League side Manchester United at Olimp 2 Stadium this Thursday, March 9th as the two-legged, round-of-16 gets underway in the Europa League. The second leg will take place at Old Trafford in Manchester on Thursday, March 16th.
FC Rostov vs Manchester United – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at 3/4 with Rostov 4/1 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
FC Rostov vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
- This is the first time the two clubs will be meeting in a competitive match. It’s also the first time Rostov will be facing English opposition.
FC Rostov – A Closer Look:
FC Rostov enters the game in seventh place in the 16-team Russian Premier League. They have 28 points out of a possible 54 after 18 matches. The team has eight victories, four draws and six defeats with 25 goals for and 12 against. Their last outing was a 6-0 away humping of last-place Tomsk last Friday. Rostov has just one loss in their past seven European home games along with three wins and three draws.
They’re also undefeated in domestic league play this season with seven wins and two draws while scoring 15 goals and conceding just two. Rostov is unbeaten in the last five games in all competitions with two wins and three draws. This is the furthest Rostov has ever gone in a European tournament. They defeated Sparta Prague of the Czech Republic 5-1 on aggregate in the round of 32. They drew 1-1 in Prague and won 4-0 at home.
Rostov started this season’s European campaign in the Champions League by beating Ajax and Anderlecht in the qualifying rounds. They finished third in their group behind Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid and in front of PSV Eindhoven. They beat Bayern Munich 3-2 at home and drew twice with Eindhoven.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is currently riding a 17-game unbeaten streak in the English Premier League with nine victories and eight draws. Their last game was a 1-1 home draw with Bournemouth on Saturday. They remain in sixth place in the domestic standings after 26 games with 49 points from 13 wins, 10 draws and three losses. They’ve scored 39 times and allowed 22 goals against. United has lost just one of their past 26 contests in all competitions with 23 wins in their past 36.
They have seven wins, three draws and two losses away from home in Premier League play with 19 goals for and 12 against. United is 17 points behind first-place Chelsea and just three back of fourth-place Liverpool with a game in hand on each of them. Man United reached the final 16 of the Europa League in 2015/16, but have never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League, making it the only major European trophy they haven’t won.
They finished as runners up to Fenerbahce of Turkey in the group stage this year with four wins and two losses. They reached the round of 16 by beating St. Etienne of France 4-0 on aggregate with a 3-0 home victory and a 1-0 away. win United has played nine times against Russian opposition with a record of two wins, six draws and one loss. They have a win and three draws on four trips to Russia. Defender Eric Bailly will miss the match due to suspension.
FC Rostov vs Manchester United – Takeaway
FC Rostov has done well in Europe this season and won’t be pushovers. However, they can’t afford to lose at home if they expect to reach the quarterfinals.
Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.