The New York Giants and Los Angeles Rams meet in London, England this Sunday, October 23rd at the famous Twickenham rugby stadium. The Rams will have double the distance to travel and will be trying to rebound from their 31-28 road loss to Detroit last week. The defeat saw the Rams fall to 3-3 this year, which is good enough for second spot in the NFC West. The Giants fared better with a 27-23 win over the Baltimore Ravens at home. They’re also 3-3 on the season, but occupy the basement in the NFC East.
Giants vs Rams – bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- bet365 lists the Giants at -2.5 points at 4/5 with the Rams +2.5 points at 21/20, the over/under is 43.5 points with both listed at 10/11
- MONEY LINE: the Giants are favored outright at 20/29 with the Rams 5/4
Giants vs Rams Betting Trends:
New York Giants:
- Team record: 3-3 SU, 1-3-2 ATS
- NY Giants are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games
- NY Giants are 1-5-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Giants last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Giants last 6 games when playing Los Angeles
- NY Giants are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Los Angeles
Los Angeles Rams:
- Team record: 3-3 SU, 3-3 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Los Angeles’s last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Los Angeles’s last 6 games when playing NY Giants
- Los Angeles is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Giants
- Los Angeles is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games when playing NY Giants
New York Giants – A Closer Look:
The 27-23 win over the Ravens last week was much needed by the Giants as they went into the contest in a three-game losing skid. The victory should also provide some confidence to the squad as it heads over the Atlantic Ocean to London. Quarterback Eli Manning got back on track by throwing three touchdown passes and gaining 406 yards in the air. Top receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was also hot and caught a career-best 222 receiving yards while chipping in with a pair of touchdowns. He scored the winner with just over a minute to go with a 66-yard score.
Manning is averaging 289 yards per game in passing even though he’s struggled at times this season. He should be a little more relaxed after last week’s win, but can’t sit back and expect to turn things around without a continued week-in, week-out effort. Manning has managed to throw at least 350 yards on three occasions this season, but hasn’t always been rewarded for it due to costly interceptions. He’ll be looking for some assistance from Beckham and wideouts Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz. The Giants haven’t protected Manning as well as they should though as he’s been sacked too often. In addition, the New York pass defense needs to improve as it concedes 267 yards on average per game. The Giants are 4-6 in their past 10outings and 3-5-2 ATS.
Los Angeles Rams – A Closer Look:
Los Angeles quarterback Case Keenum had a fine outing in Detroit by completing 84 per cent of his passes at 27 for 32. He earned 321 yards and tossed three touchdown passes. It was a career-best in passing percentage and second-best total for passing yardage. Still, the Rams dropped a close three-point decision 31-28. He’ll be relying on receiver Kenny Britt for some help as the veteran leads the club with 498 receiving yards and 30 catches. He’s also tops on the team with 83 receiving yards a contest.
Rams’ running back Todd Gurley continues to struggle though with just 2.9 yards on average per carry. The Los Angeles’ pass defense will be up against a good Giants’ offense and it’s averaging a half dozen pass deflections each contest. The Rams will be facing a Giants squad which doesn’t really have much of a backfield threat though as the team has run an average of just 53 yards a game over the last three outings. Los Angeles is 6-4 both straight up and ATS over the past 10 games.
Next up for both teams:
- New York home to Philadelphia Sunday, November 6
- Los Angeles home to Carolina Sunday, November 6
by Ian S. Palmer