Perhaps the New York Jets have rid themselves of a quarterback controversy, at least for the time being. By way of default, Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to be there signal-caller, at least until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoff race. Todd Bowles’ team, which got to the brink of a wild-card spot last season, is desperately trying to stay alive, but at 3-5 they’ve got some ground to make up. On Sunday they will go south and pay a visit to the Miami Dolphins, a team that likes to think it has bought a new life for itself by way of land, in a game that is scheduled to begin at 1 PM ET at Hard Rock Stadium. VietBet customers will have the opportunity, even after the opening kickoff, to place wagers against dynamic odds, utilizing the state-of-the-art software available through Live Betting Ultra.
Jets vs Dolphins – NFL Betting Line:
In the betting odds that have been posted on this game by the people at VietBet, the Dolphins are favored:
Miami Dolphins -3.5
New York Jets +3.5
Over 43.5 points -110
Under 43.5 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW to bet on the Jets vs Dolphins game online! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Jets vs Dolphins Betting Trends:
New York Jets:
- Team record: 3-5 SU, 3-4-1 ATS
- NY Jets are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
- NY Jets are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- NY Jets are 3-6-2 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the NY Jets last 8 games on the road
- NY Jets are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of the NY Jets last 11 games when playing Miami
- NY Jets are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing Miami
- NY Jets are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Team record: 3-4 SU, 3-4 ATS
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami’s last 6 games
- Miami is 4-10 ATS in its last 14 games
- Miami is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Miami is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 11 games when playing NY Jets
- Miami is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing NY Jets
- Miami is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games when playing NY Jets
- Miami is 2-11 ATS in their last 13 games when playing at home against NY Jets
- Miami is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against NY Jets
Jets vs Dolphins – CJ’s Take:
The Jets fell behind by a 20-7 score to the winless Cleveland Browns last Sunday, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, who had been benched in favor of Geno Smith the week before – that is, until Smith tore his ACL – had just 30 yards passing in the first half. But he brought his team roaring back in the second half, and had 198 yards through the air to key a comeback victory. So the Jets, under Fitzpatrick’s leadership, have now won two games in a row, and they face a Dolphin team that was struggling on the ground – and we mean mightily – early in the season, but seems to have found something in a big way. Jay Ajayi, who actually began the season in Adam Gase’s doghouse, not even allowed to make the trip to Seattle for the opening game, has put together back-to-back 200-yard games and is clearly the go-to option on offense.
The Jets continue to be without Eric Decker, who was Fitzpatrick’s most reliable target, but they have seen an uptick in what Quincy Enunwa has given them. Enunwa had four receptions for 93 yards last weekend, and he is now somebody defensive coordinators have to account for.
One of the side benefits of having a functional running game is that it take some pressure off of Ryan Tannehill. And that is something the Dolphins can definitely use. Tannehill, since he has come into the NFL, has been sacked more times than any other quarterback, and we do know that the Jets like to put some pressure on the passer. But when you have to worry about someone like Ajayi he busting loose for explosive runs, that has a way of keeping the pass rush very tame. At the same time, the Jets have been more than serviceable in defending the run, giving up just 3.3 yards per carry. And they held Isaiah Crowell, one of the league-leading ground gainers, to just 29 yards on 11 carries last week.
VietBet patrons are well aware of the outburst Fitzpatrick made in the locker room after leading these Jets to a win over the Baltimore Ravens, a game in which he had to come off the bench. He said that the coaching staff, general manager and ownership did not believe in him. He seems to have calmed down a little bit now, although we imagine the tension is still there. No matter; he has the support of his teammates, and that includes Brandon Marshall, who had previously said that he was “going down in the boat with Ryan.” An interesting side note here – Joe Namath, the legendary quarterback who had led the Jets to a Super Bowl title, had been calling for the insertion of backup Bryce Petty at halftime of the Cleveland game. The week before, he had to backtrack on comments he had made about Geno Smith and the severity of his knee injury, although Smith was subsequently diagnosed with an ACL tear.
Next up for both teams:
- New York home to Los Angeles Sunday, November 13
- Miami at San Diego Sunday, November 13
By Charles Jay
If you are looking for a great value in your sports betting experience, VietBet has it for you, with tremendous free play bonuses, reduced juice wagering, and best and liveliest in-game betting available anywhere…… And when you want to make a deposit, they have a number of ways for you to do it, including your Visa card, person-to-person transfers and the virtual currency of Bitcoin!