There’s another very attractive fixture in the English Premier League this Saturday, September 9th as reigning champions Chelsea visit the King Power Stadium to take on the previous title holders Leicester City. Chelsea dropped Everton 2-0 at home at Stamford Bridge in London in their last outing while Leicester fell 2-0 at Old Trafford to first-place Manchester United.
Leicester City vs Chelsea Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as favorites to win the game at 3/4 with Leicester 18/5 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Leicester City vs Chelsea Odds – Head to Head:
- The teams met twice in league action in 2016/17 with Chelsea thumping Leicester 3-0 both at home and away. The clubs have met 109 times in the past with Chelsea winning 54, losing 25 and drawing the other 30. Chelsea has won three in a row and 11 of the last 13 along with a draw and a draw and a loss.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester City enters the contest in 15th position in the 20-team league with just three points after three games on a win and two defeats. They’ve scored five goals and allowed six against and are level on points with Newcastle United and Arsenal. They dropped a 4-3 thriller at Arsenal in their season-opener and then rebounded with a 2-0 home victory over newly-promoted Brighton before losing to Man United. Shinji Okazaki, Islam Slimani and Jamie Vardy all have two goals in all competitions this season.
Manager Craig Shakespeare is happy with his team’s scoring prowess so far this season, but wants to see his squad tighten up defensively. The Foxes now have two wins, four defeats and a draw in their past seven competitive matches dating back to last season. On the injury front, Shakespeare is hoping that Iborra, Robert Huth, Wes Morgan, Harry Maguire and Kelechi Iheanacho will be fit enough to play. Danny Drinkwater recently signed a four-year contract with the club, but forced a move to Chelsea in the transfer window.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea was upset at home 3-2 by Burnley in their first match of the season before bouncing back with a 2-1 away win over Tottenham and then a 2-0 home triumph over Everton. The champions have six points on the new season and occupy sixth place on the league table with six goals scored and four conceded. Marcos Alonso and Alvaro Morata lead the squad’s scoring parade with a pair of goals each so far this campaign.
The Blues now have four wins, two defeats and a draw in their last seven competitive games dating back to the 2016/17 season. Manager Antonio Conte will once again have to get by without the services of English international captain and defender Gary Cahill as he served the third and final match of his suspension after receiving a straight card in the opening game. As far as injuries are concerned for Conte, the squad appears to be quite healthy as Eden Hazard is currently the only question mark for the game.
Leicester City vs Chelsea Odds – Our Takeaway:
- This has the potential to be a free-flowing game if both teams go out and try to win it rather than settling for a point.