Third-place Liverpool will be hoping to extend their lead over rivals Manchester City and Manchester United when they host Southampton at Anfield this Sunday, May 7th in an important English Premier League contest. Liverpool is coming off of a 1-0 away win over Watford last Monday night while Southampton could only manage a 0-0 home draw with Hull City on Saturday.
Liverpool vs Southampton – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Liverpool as the favorites to win the game at 4/7 with Southampton 9/2 and a draw at 3/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Liverpool vs Southampton – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at Anfield in January in the League Cup semifinals with Southampton winning 1-0 both at home and away. They also met in Premier League action earlier this season and battled to a 0-0 draw in Southampton. In last season’s meetings, Southampton won 3-2 at home and drew 1-1 in Liverpool. In addition, they met in the League Cup quarterfinals as with Liverpool drilling Southampton 6-1 on the south coast. Southampton has won three of the past nine encounters along with four losses and a pair of draws. Overall, the two clubs have squared off 105 times with Liverpool winning 51, losing 30 and drawing the other 24.
Liverpool – A Closer Look:
The Reds are still hanging onto third place in the standings with their 69 points from 20 wins, nine draws and six defeats with 71 goals for and 42 against. They sit three points in front of fourth-place Manchester City, four ahead of fifth-place Manchester United and seven ahead of seventh-place Arsenal. However, two Manchester teams have a game in hand on Liverpool while Arsenal has two games in hand.
Liverpool has 11 wins, four draws and two losses at home this season with 42 goals for and 18 against. They have has six wins, two draws and two defeats with 17 goals scored and 12 conceded in their past 10 league games. Manager Jurgen Klopp has some injury issues to deal with as midfielder Sadio Mane, striker Danny Ings and goaltender Adam Bogdan are out for the season. In addition, midfielders Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho are listed as day to day along with defender Ragnar Klavan.
Southampton – A Closer Look:
Southampton is basically playing out the season with nothing much to aim for. They’re too far behind to challenge for a place in Europe and too far ahead to worry about relegation. They enter the weekend in ninth place in the 20-team league with 41 points out of a possible 99 after 33 games. They have 11 wins, eight draws and 14 losses with 39 goals for and 44 against. They’re currently nine points ahead of 18th-place Swansea City and the relegation zone and also have two games in hand on them.
The Saints have four wins, two draws and four defeats in their past 10 league outings with 16 goals for and 16 against. Their away record stands at five wins, three draws and nine defeats with 22 goals scored and 26 allowed. As far as injuries are concerned, defender Virgil Van Dijk is out of action and could miss the rest of the season while forward Charlie Austin and midfielder Matthew Targett are both listed as day to day and are questionable.
Liverpool vs Southampton – Takeaway:
- With several teams having games in hand on Liverpool, the Reds can’t afford to drop any points if they hope for a top-four finish.
- Premier League Odds and Betting Previews
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.