Manchester United returns to English Premier League action this Saturday, March 4th when they host Bournemouth at Old Trafford in an important fixture. United is coming off of a 3-2 win over Southampton in the League Cup Final at Wembley last Sunday 1-0 while Bournemouth lost 2-1 away to West Bromwich Albion in a league game.
Manchester United vs Bournemouth – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at 1/4 with Bournemouth 12/1 and a draw at 19/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs Bournemouth – Head to Head:
- The two sides met on opening day of the 2016/17 season in Bournemouth with Man United winning 3-1. They also met twice in league action last season with Bournemouth earning a 2-1 home win in December and United winning 3-1 in May. The clubs have met just 11 times in the past with United winning seven, losing two and drawing the other two. Six of the their previous encounters were FA Cup affairs and two were League Cup contests.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is in the midst of a 16-game unbeaten streak in Premier League action, but they’ve managed to drop 14 points along the way since they’ve drawn seven of those games and won the other nine. They enter round 27 in sixth place on the table after 25 games with 48 points from 13 victories, nine draws and three losses. defeats. The Red Devils have 38 goals for and 21 against. United is definitely on a hot streak with just one defeat in their past 25 contests in all competitions and 22 wins in their past 35 matches.
United’s last loss was a 2-1 result in Hull in the League Cup semifinals in January. However, they won the two-legged tie 3-2 on aggregate. United has six wins, six draws and one defeats at home in the league this campaign year with 19 goals scored and nine allowed. They’re 15 points behind league-leading Chelsea with a game in hand. They’re also five points back of second-place Tottenham Hotspur with a game in hand, four adrift of third-place Manchester City, two behind fourth-place Arsenal and just one point behind fifth-place Liverpool with a game in hand.
Manager Jose Mourinho could be short a few players as midfielders Michael Carrick and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are questionable along with striker Wayne Rooney. In addition, defender Phil Jones and forward James Wilson are expected to miss the match. United has a league best seven wins and three draws in their past 10 league matches with 18 goals for five and against.
Bournemouth – A Closer Look:
Bournemouth enters the contest in 14th spot in the 20-team league with just 26 points out of a possible 78 after 26 outings. They have seven wins, five draws and 14 losses with 36 goals for and 51 against. They’re just four points ahead of 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone. Bournemouth has been the worst team in the league over the past 10 games with just one win, two draws and seven losses while scoring 14 goals and conceding 26.
Bournemouth has also lost four straight league games heading to Old Trafford as well as six of their past seven outings. Away from home this season, they have two wins, two draws and two defeats with 15 goals for and 30 against. As far as injuries go, goaltender Adam Federici is out for the season along with forward Callum Wilson and defender Rhoys Wiggins as they all have serious knee injuries. On the bright side, defender Simon Francis could be back in the lineup.
Manchester United vs Bournemouth – Takeaway:
Simple, Man United needs all three points to move into the top four and Bournemouth needs them to keep clear of the relegation zone. However, Bournemouth will be happy with a draw here.