Manchester United will be hosting Watford at Old Trafford this Saturday, February 11th as they hope to climb higher up the standings and eventually secure a top-four position.
United played Leicester away last weekend and left town with a 3-0 victory while Watford were 2-1 winners at home over Burnley FC.
Manchester United vs Watford – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Manchester United as the favorites to win the game at -1/5 with Watford 14/1 and a draw at 5/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs Watford – Head to Head:
- These two teams last met on September 18th in the Premier League with Watford winning 3-1 at home at Vicarage Road. It was their first win after losing the previous 11 games straight to united. The teams haven’t played to a draw in the past 13 meetings. The clubs have met just 27 times in the past with Man United winning 17, losing five and drawing the other five.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is on a 15-game unbeaten streak in the Premier League, but the problem is they’ve won just eight of those matches and drawn the other seven. They still occupy sixth position in the Premier League after 24 outings with 45 points from 12 wins, nine draws and three defeats. They’ve scored 36 goals and allowed 21 against. United won their first three league games this campaign and now have nine wins in their last 21 league games. Their win against Leicester was their first after three straight draws.
The Red Devils are now have one loss in their past 20 outings overall and have 17 wins in their past 30 games in all competitions. However, they’ve dropped points by drawing nine of their past 18 league matches. United has five wins, six draws and one loss at home in league play this season with 17 goals for and nine against. They still trail league-leading Chelsea by 14 points, but are just are five behind second-place Tottenham Hotspur, four back of third-place Manchester City, two behind fourth-place Arsenal and a single point adrift of fifth-place Liverpool.
Manager Jose Mourinho appears to have relatively healthy team to choose from as James Wilson is the only definite player on the injury list and is likely to miss the remainder of the season. Defender Phil Jones is questionable though. United recalled Joel Pereira from his loan spell at Belenenses during the January transfer window while Sam Johnstone and Joe Riley were sent out on loan. In addition, Morgan Schneiderlin was sold to Everton, Memphis Depay to Lyon and Sean Goss to Queens Park Rangers.
Watford – A Closer Look:
Watford enters the weekend in 10th place in the 20-team league with eight wins, six draws and 10 losses. They’ve scored 29 goals and allowed 40 against and have 30 points out of a possible 72 after 24 games. Watford has three wins and three draws on the road this season in league play as well as six defeats. They’ve scored 12 goals on their travels and allowed 22 against and have a 10-point lead over 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone.
In their past 10 league games overall, Watford has managed to win three, draw three and lose four with 11 goals scored and 16 conceded. On the injury front, new forward Mauro Zárate will be back after missing last weekend’s game with a suspension. However, defender Christian Kabasele and forward Isaac Success are questionable along with forward Nordin Amrabat. In addition, midfielder Roberto Pereyra is out of action with a long-term knee injury.
The club was also busy during the recent January transfer window as it acquired Tom Cleverley on loan from Everton, Mauro Zarate from Fiorentina and M’Baye Niang on loan from AC Milan. Those who were sent out on loan include Adalberto Penaranda, Obbi Oulare, Alex Jakubiak, Jerome Sinclair, and, Michael Folivi and Juan Carlos Paredes. In addition, Odio Ighalo and Adlene Guedioura were sold.
Manchester United vs Watford – Takeaway:
Watford isn’t in any immediate relegation danger and they’ll be confident after beating United earlier this season. United still needs every point possible to finish in the top four and a spot in the Champions League.
Like to Play the Ponies? Bet on the Cheltenham Festival at bet365 from Tuesday, March 14th through Friday. March 17th, 2017! At bet365, take advantage of the Best Odds Guarantee and the Non-Runner No Bet on all Cheltenham races.