Reigning English Premier League Champions Leicester City will be trying to salvage something out of this woeful season by gunning for the FA Cup. However, they’ll need to get past third-tier League One side Millwall away from home this Saturday, February 18th in the fifth round of the competition to do so. Leicester is coming off of a 2-0 away loss to Swansea City in league action last weekend while Millwall were 2-0 winners at home over Port Vale on Tuesday Evening.
Millwall vs Leicester City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Leicester as the favorites to win the game at 8/5 with Millwall 9/5 and a draw at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Millwall vs Leicester City – Head to Head:
- The last time these two teams met was in the 2013/14 Championship League season with Leicester winning 3-1 away and 3-0 at home. Millwall’s last win was 1-0 away in league action in March of 2013. Overall, the two clubs have squared off just 42 times in the past with Leicester winning 18, losing 16 and drawing the other eight. Each team has six wins, six losses and a draw in the past 13 meetings. The teams have drawn just once in the past 16 encounters.
Millwall – A Closer Look:
Millwall enters the game in sixth place in the 24-team League One. They have 50 points out of a possible 93 after 31 matches with 14 wins, eight draws and nine losses. They’ve scored 47 goals and allowed 40 against. They’re unbeaten in their last 10 league outings with six wins and four draws while scoring 15 goals and conceding five, including three consecutive victories. Millwall is also unbeaten in their last 12 games in all competitions with eight victories and four draws.
Millwall has nine wins, four draws and three losses at home in league play this season with 25 goals for and 12 against. They beat Premier League club Watford 1-0 at home in the fourth round of the FA Cup and Premier League team Bournemouth 3-0 in the third round. They’ beat Southend and Braintree in the first two rounds and have played all four of their FA Cup Games at home so far this campaign. Millwall is hanging onto the last playoff position in League One and is 14 points behind league-leading Sheffield United.
They’re also nine points behind second-place Scunthorpe and automatic promotion into the second-tier Championship League. Millwall is just one point ahead of seventh-place Southend United and is 19 ahead of the relegation zone. The club has appeared in one FA Cup Final, which was a 3-0 loss to Manchester United in 2003/04 and they reached the semifinals in 2012/13.
Leicester City – A Closer Look:
Leicester could become the first top-tier side in English football to win the title one season and be relegated into the second-tier the next campaign. They enter the match in 17th place in the 20-team Premier League with just 21 points out of a possible 75 after 25 games. They have five wins, six draws and 14 losses with 24 goals scored and 43 allowed. They’re winless away from home in league play with three draws and 10 defeats with eight goals for and 27 against.
Leicester has just one win, one draw and eight losses in their last 10 league outings and has been held without a goal in six straight. They have only three goals in those 10 games with 17 against. However, the managed to beat Premier League side Everton 2-1 away in the third round of the FA Cup and then drew 2-2 with Championship League side Derby County in round four. Leicester then beat Derby 3-1 in extra time in the replay.
Leicester has reached four FA Cup Finals in the past and has lost them all. Their last appearance came back in 1968/69 when they fell 1-0 to Manchester City. Even though Leicester is just one point above the relegation zone in the Premier League, they’ve reached the final 16 of the European Champions League.
Millwall vs Leicester City – Takeaway:
Oddly enough, Leicester could win the Champions League and FA Cup this season and also get relegated. Millwall’s red hot right now though and will be tough to beat.
Like to Play the Ponies? Bet on the Cheltenham Festival at bet365 from Tuesday, March 14th through Friday. March 17th, 2017! At bet365, take advantage of the Best Odds Guarantee and the Non-Runner No Bet on all Cheltenham races.