Reigning European Champions Real Madrid will be traveling to Italy this Tuesday, March 7th to take on Italian Serie A squad Napoli in Champions League round of 16 action at Stadio San Paolo. This is the second-leg of their home-and-away series with Madrid winning their home match 3-1 on February 15th. Real Madrid is hoping to reach the quarterfinals for the seventh consecutive season while Napoli is aiming to reach the final eight for the first time.
Napoli vs Real Madrid – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Real Madrid as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 13/10 with Napoli 15/8 and a draw at 11/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Napoli vs Real Madrid – Head to Head:
- Real Madrid beat Napoli 3-1 on Feb. 15th in the first leg of this series. Prior to that game, the two teams had met just twice in competitive action with Real Madrid winning one and drawing the other. Madrid and Napoli met in the first round of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup in 1987/88 and with Madrid winning 2-0 at home and drawing 1-1 in Italy.
Napoli – A Closer Look:
Napoli topped Group B in the first stage of the competition with three victories, two draws and a defeat while scoring 11 goals and allowing eight. Napoli is enjoying a pretty good domestic season as they’re battling for second place, but are probably too far behind first-place Juventus to catch the reigning champions at this stage of the campaign.
However, Napoli has a good chance of finishing the season high enough to earn a berth in next season’s Champions League. The Italian side has made it to the round-of-16 stage just once before and were beaten 5-4 on aggregate in extra time by English Premier League club Chelsea. Napoli won 3-1 at home and were edged 4-1 in the return match in London. Napoli earned just four of a possible nine home points in the group stage this season with a win, draw and a loss.
They have four wins, four draws and five defeats all time against Spanish opposition with 16 goals for and 15 against and have two wins and four draws at home. Their only cup final appearance in Europe so far has been the 1989 UEFA Cup which they lost. However, they’ve managed to win the Italian Serie A on two occasions. Napoli has lost just one of their past 20 home European games with 13 wins and six draws.
Real Madrid – A Closer Look:
Real Madrid came from behind to beat Napoli 3-1 in the first leg. Lorenzo Insigne gave the Italians the lead after eight minutes only to see Karim Benzema tie the match 10 minutes later. Toni Kroos then put Madrid ahead in the 49th minute and Casemiro added the third goal just five minutes later. Madrid has now won 34 of their past 39 home Champions League games.
Real Madrid is still battling it out with first-place Barcelona and third-place Sevilla for the Spanish League crown this season as the teams aims for its 33rd domestic title. Real didn’t play their best in the group stage this year as they finished as runners up to Borussia Dortmund in Group F with three victories and three draws while scoring 16 goals and allowing 10. Real Madrid is hoping to become the first club to successfully defend the European title during the Champions League era.
Real beat Italian side AS Roma in the round of 16 last season with a pair of 2-0 victories at home and in Rome. It was their first two-legged knockout series win against an Italian club after losing eight in a row. Real has five wins in away matches against Italian teams with eight draws and 18 defeats. Overall, they have 32 victories, 11 draws and 25 losses in their 68 contests against Italian teams with 101 goals for and 86 against.
Napoli vs Real Madrid – Takeaway
Real Madrid has won the European Cup a record 11 times and have advanced to the quarterfinals the past six seasons. They will advance with a win or draw in Napoli, but the game will go to extra time if they lose 3-1. If it’s still level after extra time it will be decided by a penalty shootout. Napoli is 1-2 in European shootouts while Madrid is 2-2. Napoli will advance with a 2-0 win or any win by three goals or more.
Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.