The Dallas Cowboys begin their 2017 NFL season at home at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas this Sunday, September 10th when they host the New York Giants. The Cowboys topped the NFC East last year with a record of 13-3 while the Giants were right behind them in second place at 11-5.
New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys Odds – bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- Point Spread: The Dallas Cowboys are 4 point home favorites at 10/11 with the Giants +4 points at 10/11
- Over/Under: 47.5 points at 10/11 each
- Money Line: 1/2 for Dallas and 17/10 for the Giants
New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys Odds – A Closer Look at the New York Giants:
- 2016 record: 11-6 SU, 8-7-2 ATS
- New York has gone 8-4 ATS over the past 12 contests
- New York has gone 9-3 straight up in the past 12 outings
- The total has been under in seven of New York’s last nine games
With New York quarterback Eli Manning entering the new campaign at the age of 36, fans and team brass must be wondering how much he has left to give. Manning tosses 26 touchdown passes in 2016 and over 4,000 yards in passing. However, on the flip side, he threw 16 interceptions and averaged just 6.7 yards per pass. When it came to being picked off, it was Manning’s worst season since 2013.
The Giants tried to get Manning some help during the off season by acquiring Brandon Marshall, an experienced wideout, as well as drafting tight-end Evan Engram with their top pick. However, the club didn’t really improve the offensive line. Defensively, the Giants have a pretty strong squad and should be regarded as one of the best in the league. New York conceded just 17.8 points per game last season, which ranked second-best in the NFL.
The Giants’ youthful secondary is strong with the likes of Janoris Jenkins, Landon Collins and Eli Apple while rushers Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul are forces to be reckoned with. The Giants have had some success against the Cowboys recently with three consecutive wins over them, including their opening contest in Dallas last season. New York has also gone 2-1 against the spread in those three outings.
New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys Odds – A Closer Look at the Dallas Cowboys:
- 2016 record: 13-4 SU, 10-6-1 ATS
- The Cowboys have gone 1-6 ATS over the past seven contests
- The Cowboys have gone 13-3 straight up in the past 16 outings
- The point total has been under in four of the Cowboys’ past six games
The Cowboys have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons lately as 22-year-old star running back Ezekiel Elliott was suspended for six games for alleged domestic abuse. Elliot was the NFL’s rushing leader last year and there’s no doubt the Cowboys will be weaker without him. Their hopes will be pinned on second-year quarterback Dak Prescott as the team will be depending on him to pick up where he left off last year.
Prescott had an excellent rookie campaign with 23 touchdowns and more than 3,600 yards in passing. He was also picked off on just four occasions. Prescott was ranked top-five in the league in several categories. His completion percentage was fourth at 67.8 while his passer rating was third at 104.9. The offense needs to be firing on all cylinders since the defense basically considered to be middle of the pack and it wasn’t upgraded in the offseason,
It might be hard for Prescott to keep up the pace though and it wouldn’t be a surprise if his level of play dipped slightly this year, especially without Elliott in the lineup. The Cowboys lost their season-opener at home to the Giants last year by just one point, but have won their other three openers in the past four seasons and have gone 3-1 ATS.
New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys Odds – Up Next for Each Team:
- The New York Giants host the Detroit Lions on Monday, September 18th
- The Dallas Cowboys visit the Denver Broncos Sunday, September 17th