Spanish La Liga champions Real Madrid will be meeting Italian Serie A titleholders Juventus in this season’s European Champions League Final Saturday, June 3rd at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff Wales. Real beat cross-town rivals and fellow Spanish club Atletico Madrid 4-2 on aggregate in their two-legged semifinal while Juventus knocked off French Ligue 1 Champions Monaco 4-1. Real had beaten German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich 6-3 on aggregate in the quarterfinals while Juventus downed Spanish giants Barcelona 3-0. Real Madrid and Juventus met in the 1997/98 Champions League Final which Real won 1-0 in Amsterdam.
Real Madrid vs Juventus – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Juventus as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 19/10 with Real Madrid 6/4 and a draw at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Real Madrid vs Juventus – Head to Head:
- These two teams have met 18 times in the past in competitive games with both teams winning eight, losing eight and drawing the other two. Juventus has outscored Real 21-18 in those games. Their last meeting was in May of 2015 in the Champions League and they played to a 1-1 draw in Madrid. Juventus is unbeaten in the last three meetings with a win and two draws. Real Madrid has won just once in the last eight encounters along with five losses and two draws. Their last win was 2-1 at home in October of 2013 in the Champions League.
Real Madrid – A Closer Look:
Real Madrid is looking for their record 12th European crown in their 15th final and their sixth title in the Champions League ea. Real has been beaten just once this Champions League season along with eight wins and three draws. Their lone loss came in the second leg of their semifinal tie when Atletico Madrid beat them 2-1 in Atletico’s home fixture. Real has nine wins and two losses in their last 11 games in all competitions.
Real Madrid edged out arch-rivals Barcelona by three points for this season’s Spanish league crown for their 33rd domestic title. They finished with 93 points from 29 wins, six draws and three losses. They scored 106 goals and allowed 41 while finishing the season on a six-game winning streak. Real had an away record of 15 victories, two draws and two defeats with 58 goals scored and 21 allowed. Real Madrid finished as runners-up to Borussia Dortmund in Group F in the first stage of the tournament.
They had three wins and three draws for 12 points while scoring 16 times and conceding 10. They’re hoping to become the first club to repeat as champions of Europe in the Champions League era and have won their past five finals. Forward Cristiano Ronaldo is the key player for Real with 10 goals in 12 Champions League games this campaign and five in four career matches with Juventus. Real’s record against Spanish teams is currently 33 wins in 69 games with 11 draws and 25 defeats with 104 goals scored and 87 allowed.
Juventus – A Closer Look:
Juventus enters the contest with seven wins, three draws and a loss in their past 11 games in all competitions. They won the Italian league once again this season by four points over second-place AS Roma. Juventus racked up 88 points on 28 wins, four draws, and five losses while scoring 75 goals and allowing a league-low 26 against. They lost just one of their last 18 Italian league games.
Juventus played well away from home this season with 10 wins, three draws and five defeats with 27 goals for and 17 against. They topped Group H in this season’s Champions League group stage with 14 points from four wins and two draws while scoring 11 goals and allowing two against. They’ve conceded just three goals in their 12 European contests this season with one against in six knockout games.
The Italian side is unbeaten in the 2016/17 Champions League campaign with nine wins and three draws. Juventus has been crowned champions of Europe twice before and this will be their ninth European Cup Final. Their six losses in European Cup Finals is a record they rather not own. Juventus has faced Spanish clubs 53 times in the past with 19 wins, 14 draws and 20 losses with 61 goals for and 55 against.
Real Madrid vs Juventus – Takeaway:
- This is a winner-take-all cup final which features the best offense in this year’s Champions League in Real Madrid against the best defense. It will go to 30 minutes of extra time if it’s tied after 90 minutes. If it’s still level after extra time it will go to a penalty shootout. Juventus is 3-3 all time in European shootouts while Real Madrid is 2-2. Real reportedly has a healthy squad while Juventus will be missing Marko Pjaca and Daniele Rugani.
There’s more happening on June 3rd, 2017 – the Epsom Derby, a huge day in the flat racing calendar in the UK! Bet on the big race now at bet365!