The Seattle Seahawks have won four of their first five games, and that is better than they have managed to do the last couple of seasons. And that gives them at least some momentum as they head into the Sunday night encounter with the Arizona Cardinals, who, despite a 3-3 record, should be considered worthy foils in what can be called an NFC West “showdown.” The game begins at 8:30 PM ET at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ, and VietBet customers can watch the game on NBC and place wagers on it in real time, thanks to the state-of-the-art software available through Live Betting Ultra.
Seahawks vs Cardinals – NFL Betting Line:
In the Sunday night football betting odds posted on this game by the people at VietBet, the Cardinals are slight favorites at home:
Arizona Cardinals -1.5
Seattle Seahawks +1.5
Over 43 points -110
Under 43 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW for online Seahawks vs Cardinals Odds! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Seahawks vs Cardinals – Betting Trends:
- Season record: 4-1 SU, 2-3 ATS
- Current Streak: won 3 straight games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- The Seahawks are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The Seahawks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle’s last 6 games on the road
- The Seahawks are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- The Seahawks are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing Arizona
- The Seahawks are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Seattle’s last 12 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- Season record: 3-3 SU, 3-3 ATS
- The Cardinals are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games
- The Cardinals are 13-5 SU in their last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Arizona’s last 8 games at home
- The Cardinals are 16-5 SU in their last 21 games at home
- The Cardinals are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games at home
- The Cardinals are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing Seattle
- The Cardinals are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing Seattle
- The Cardinals are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle
- The Cardinals are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Arizona’s last 12 games when playing at home against Seattle
Seahawks vs Cardinals – CJ’s Take:
Seattle got going slowly on offense, scoring just 15 points over the first two games, but they have rebounded with 86 points over the last three. They faced probably their biggest test last Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, a team coached by their former defensive coordinator, Dan Quinn. Atlanta did not quit and played the Seahawks to a 26-24 final at CenturyLink Field. This did not come without some drama on the sidelines, as Richard Sherman almost got into a couple of altercations with teammates. But what they like is that Russell Wilson, who has been bothered by knee and ankle injuries, has tossed only interception and taken only ten sacks. These are some very positive things after five games.
Carson Palmer, who had to sit out a game against San Francisco with a concussion, got back into action against the New York Jets and looked pretty sharp, hitting 23 of 34 passes, although it was for only 213 yards. No, he was not his usual downfield self, but the Seahawks will let you have a lot of those short passes and wait for you to make a mistake. What could be a concern for Palmer heading into this one is a hamstring ailment that forced him to leave the game early against the Jets, took him out of practice entirely on Wednesday and limited him on Thursday. There isn’t even a solid guarantee that he will play, and if he can’t, that will leave things in the hands of Drew Stanton, who went 11-28 against the Niners in Palmer’s place. If Palmer plays and has limited mobility, Seattle might be able to get a lot of pressure on with just a four-man pass rush.
VietBet patrons know that any chances the Seahawks have of being Super Bowl champions again, at least from an offensive perspective, will hinge on a couple of things: the ability to maintain a running game, and the continued development of the connection between Wilson and tight end Jimmie Graham. Well, Christine Michael is handling things reasonably well in the backfield, with a 4.4-yard average and four touchdowns, and he has some help now from CJ Spiller, who will be more of a pass-catching option out of the backfield. And Graham is averaging 16.1 yards a catch, which moves him forward. This week he will have to deal with an All-Pro covering him, as Arizona sends Tyrann Mathieu at him. Whoever the Cards line up on Sherman’s side will have a difficult evening as well.
Next up for both teams:
- Seattle at New Orleans Sunday, October 30
- Arizona at Carolina Sunday, October 30
By Charles Jay
You can have your Sunday night football betting experience spiced up by the folks at VietBet, where they have reduced juice for you before the game, as well as great prices on exotic wagers, and action you can be involved with all night long when you make real-time wagers through Live Betting Ultra. Oh, and did we mention that you can do all your transactions in Bitcoin as well?