Manchester United is back on the road this weekend as the English Premier League leaders pay a visit to the bet365 Stadium in Stoke City this Saturday, September 9th. Man United is coming off of a 2-0 home win at old Trafford over Leicester City in their last league match while Stoke City played to a 1-1 away draw with West Bromwich Albion.
Stoke City vs Manchester United Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as favorites to win the game at 9/20 with Stoke City 13/2 and a draw at 16/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Stoke City vs Manchester United Odds – History Head to Head:
- The teams met twice in league action in 2016/17 and played to a 1-1 draw in both Stoke and Manchester. The clubs have met 106 times in the past with Man United winning 43, losing 28 and drawing the other 35. Each team has two wins, two losses and three draws in the past seven meetings.
Stoke City – A Closer Look:
Stoke City has earned just three points in the young season so far with a win, draw and loss while scoring two goals and also allowing two. The team opened its 2016/17 campaign with a 1-0 away loss to Everton with a 1-0 home win over Arsenal and then the draw at West Brom. They’ve also managed to beat Rochdale 4-0 at home in the English League Cup. Joe Allen and the dependable Peter Crouch lead the squad in scoring with a pair of goals each in all competitions.
Stoke is level on points with Burnley, Everton Tottenham and Swansea and currently sit in 11th place in the standings. The club has three wins, a draw and two defeats in its past six competitive fixtures dating back to last season. Manager Mark Hughes is fortunate enough to have a relatively short injury list as forward Xherdan Shaqiri and midfielders Ibrahim Afellay and Stephen Ireland are currently the only three players on it.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Manchester United is three for three in the Premier League so far this year and their nine points is the best in the league. They have a two-point lead over the nearest rivals and league the lead offensively with 10 goals as well as defensively with none allowed. Newcomer Romelu Lukaku leads the scoring parade with four goals while Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba have each chipped in with a pair. Meanwhile goaltender David De Gea has posted the three straight clean sheets.
Midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has also been earning his keep by setting up half of United’s goals so far. The Red Devils United now have five wins, two defeats and a draw in their past seven competitive encounters dating back to last season. The team has beaten Swansea and West Ham 4-0 away and at home respectively this season as well as Leicester 2-0 at home Manager Jose Mourinho has several players on the shelf with injuries including defenders Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo along with midfielder Ashley Young and forwards Zlatan Ibrahimovic and James Wilson.
Stoke City vs Manchester United Odds – Our Takeaway:
- Stoke usually stifles United’s attack, so this will be a good test for the league leaders, but they’ll still be expected to leave town with all three points.