Tottenham Hotspur will be hosting cross-town rivals Arsenal in a huge north London derby at White Hart Lane this Sunday, April 30th. Tottenham is still trying to catch English Premier League leaders Chelsea before they run out of games while Arsenal is hoping to climb into the top four and earn a spot in the 2017/18 Champions League. Tottenham is coming off of a 1-0 away win over Crystal Palace on Wednesday in another London derby while Arsenal managed to edge Leicester City 1-0 at home at the Emirates Stadium.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as the favorites to win the game at 17/20 with Arsenal 3/1 and a draw at 11/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – Head to Head:
- The two clubs met at the Emirates on November 6th and played a 1-1 draw. They also drew both league games last season, 2-2 at White Hart Lane and 1-1 at the Emirates. Arsenal has six wins, three draws and two losses in their last 11 games against Spurs and has outscored them 22-13. Overall, the two London sides have met 191 times in the past with Arsenal winning 80, losing 61 and drawing the other 50.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham has been the hottest team in the Premier League lately with eight straight league wins, but still trails Chelsea by four points in the standings. With just five games to go in the season this game against arch enemy Arsenal is crucial to their title hopes. Spurs likely has to run the table for the rest of the campaign and hope Chelsea drops at least four points along the way. Tottenham has 74 points on the season from 22 wins, eight draws and three defeats with 69 goals for and a league-low 23 against.
Spurs has nine wins and a loss in their past 10 league games with 24 goals scored and six against. They’re unbeaten at home in league action this campaign with 15 wins and two draws while scoring 43 goals and conceding eight. Spurs have an eight-point lead on third-place Liverpool with a game in hand and sit nine points ahead of fourth-place Manchester City. On the injury front, manager Mauricio Pochettino will be without backup goalkeeper Michel Vorm, midfielder Harry Winks and forward Erik Lamela for the season, but is hoping defender Danny Rose will be in the squad.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal has bounced back slightly after a rough patch, but is still on the outside looking in when it comes to a top-four position and a spot in next season’s Champions League. The teams enters the 36th round of action having just played 32 games and currently sits in sixth place on the table. They have no shot at the title as they trail league-leading Chelsea by 18 points, but can still probably finish as high as third place. Arsenal trails third-place Liverpool by six points at the moment and has two three games in hand. Arsenal has 60 points from 18 wins, six draws and eight defeats with 64 goals scored and 40 allowed.
They’re five points back of fourth-place Man City and four behind fifth-place Man United with a game in hand on each. Arsenal has four wins, a draw and five losses in their last 10 league matches with 14 goals for and 17 against. They have seven wins away from home with three draws and six losses with 32 goals for and 25 against. As for injuries, goaltender David Ospina is questionable along with defenders Shkodran Mustafi, Laurent Koscielny and forward Lucas Perez while midfielder Santi Cazorla is out for the season.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – Takeaway:
- Once again, Tottenham has no choice but to take all three points if they have any shot at catching Chelsea and Arsenal needs the points to crack the top four.