One of the more interesting games on this week’s English Premier League schedule will be taking place at Vicarage Road on Saturday, September 16th when Watford hosts co-league leaders Manchester City. Man City hammered Liverpool 5-0 at home last weekend after Liverpool was reduced to 10 men shortly before halftime. Meanwhile, Watford downed Southampton 2-0 away on the south coast.
Watford vs Manchester City – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man City as favorites to win the game at 1/3 with Watford 7/1 and a draw at 17/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Watford vs Manchester City Odds – History Head to Head:
- The clubs met twice in league action in 2016/17 with Man City drilling Watford 5-0 in front of Watford’s own fans and also won 2-0 in Manchester. The teams have met just 24 times in the past with Man City winning 13, losing six and drawing the other five. Man City is unbeaten in the last 11 meetings with nine wins and two draws, including six straight victories.
Watford – A Closer Look:
Watford enters the fifth round of action in fourth spot on the league table. They have two wins and two draws with seven goals for and three against for eight points. They trail league leaders Manchester United and Man City by just two points. The club opened the season with an exciting 3-3 home draw with Liverpool and then beat Bournemouth 2-0 away. This was followed by a 0-0 home draw with Brighton and the win over Southampton.
Watford’s scoring parade is currently topped by Abdoulaye Doucoure with a pair of league goals to his name. New manager Marco Silva has a relatively healthy squad, but Miguel Ángel Britos is suspended for the game while defender Craig Cathcart, forward Mauro Zárate, midfielder Roberto Pereyra and defender Brice Dja Djédjé are all listed as being questionable for the squad. Silva will have to do something about the reckless Britos of Uruguay as he’s now been sent off three times in his last 11 home games and four times in 59 matches overall since joining the club.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Man City is still undefeated after the first four contests of the new season after their 5-0 thumping of Liverpool at home last weekend. However, the Reds were reduced to 10 men for about half of the game. City now has three wins and a draw for 10 points with 10 goals for and two against. They’re level on points with fellow Mancunians Manchester United and a pair of points up on Watford. Gabriel Jesus is the squad’s top league scorer with three goals while Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane each have a pair.
City opened their season in Brighton with a 2-0 victory before drawing Everton 1-1 at the Etihad Stadium. They then won 2-1 in Bournemouth before drilling Liverpool last weekend. City played during the week as they visited Feyenoord in Holland for a European Champions League match and hammered the home side 4-0. Manager Pep Guardiola will have Sterling back in the lineup following a one-game ban while midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, defender Vincent Kompany and goaltender Ederson Moraes are questionable. Man City is now unbeaten in their past nine competitive contests with eight wins and a draw.
Watford vs Manchester City Odds – Takeaway:
- Watford is likely to slide down the standings as the season progresses, but a win over Man City will definitely be a feather in their cap.